Concerns and Complaints Handling Policy and Procedure
We hope that our service levels remain consistently high not to warrant any concerns or complaints. We are proud of our record of serving our national and international client base since 1997 and we will strive to maintain and improve standards continually.
In the event that a client has any concerns or wishes to make a formal complaint, we outline our policy and procedure below.
Hamraj Kang, a senior solicitor and a Director of Kangs Solicitors is the person with overall responsibility for dealing with any concerns or complaints made about the firm (formerly referred to as the Designated Complaints Handler).
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. If something goes wrong or concerns you about us or our service then we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We endeavor to deal with concerns directly with a client without invoking a formal complaints policy. However, if the issue is such that it should properly be dealt with as a complaint, or you wish it to be treated as such, then we follow the procedure set out in this policy.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a concern or complaint, please contact the fee earner dealing with your case.
What will happen next?
- The fee earner will investigate your complaint and reply to you in a timely manner.
- If you are not satisfied with the response received from the fee earner handling your matter, you can write to Hamraj Kang. His contact details are email@example.com.
- We will send you a letter / e-mail acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Hamraj Kang reviewing your matter file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you. If for any reason it should be inappropriate for Hamraj Kang to deal with the matter, then another Senior Solicitor within the firm will do so and follow this policy, keeping you informed.
- Following this investigation, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Senior Solicitor in the firm, unconnected with the matter, to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 21 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact The Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or on their website at legalombudsman.org.uk, or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services, https://www.ombudsman-services.org) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. However, we do not agree to use such services as the Ombudman Services instead leaving all final resolution decisions to The Legal Ombudsman.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully assisted a London based high street retail company which had received notification from Trading Standards that alleged breaches of the Trade Marks Act 1994 were being investigated. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors outlines...
Suspicious Activity Reports | Extensions to Moratorium Periods | Kangs Financial Crime Defence Solicitors
All Financial Institutions are obliged to file a Suspicious Activity Report (‘SAR’) with the National Crime Agency (‘the NCA’) when they suspect the presence of criminal activity such as money laundering. Upon receipt of a SAR, the NCA can refuse consent for the...
The owner of a restaurant in Brent has recently received a substantial fine after he pleaded guilty before the Magistrates’ Court following the discovery of a number of food safety and hygiene breaches at his trading premises. Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors...
A school teacher, who is a British National, has recently been convicted at Kingston Crown Court in respect of sexual offences against two children at a school in the United Arab Emirates. Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors outlines the circumstances. The Team at...
Illegal Waste Activity | Environment Agency Prosecution | Kangs Environment Offences Defence Solicitors
Two defendants have recently been prosecuted before Nottingham Magistrates’ Court following complaints concerning the illegal burning of material at a site in Cotham Lane, Hawton, Newark. Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors outlines the circumstances. The Team at...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH