Concerns and Complaints Handling Policy and Procedure
We hope that our service levels remain consistently high not to warrant any concerns or complaints. We are proud of our record of serving our national and international client base since 1997 and we will strive to maintain and improve standards continually.
In the event that a client has any concerns or wishes to make a formal complaint, we outline our policy and procedure below.
Hamraj Kang, a senior solicitor and a Director of Kangs Solicitors is the person responsible for dealing with any concerns or complaints made about the firm (formerly referred to as the Designated Complaints Handler).
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. If something goes wrong or concerns you about us or our service then we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We endeavor to deal with concerns directly with a client without invoking a formal complaints policy. However, if the issue is such that it should properly be dealt with as a complaint, or you wish it to be treated as such, then we follow the procedure set out in this policy.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a concern or complaint, please contact Hamraj Kang with the details. His contact details are email@example.com.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter / e-mail acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Hamraj Kang reviewing your matter file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you. If for any reason it should be inappropriate for Hamraj Kang to deal with the matter, then another Senior Solicitor within the firm will do so and follow this policy, keeping you informed.
- Following this investigation, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Senior Solicitor in the firm, unconnected with the matter, to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 21 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact The Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or on their website at legalombudsman.org.uk, or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services, https://www.ombudsman-services.org) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. However, we do not agree to use such services as the Ombudman Services instead leaving all final resolution decisions to The Legal Ombudsman.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
The article posted to this website on 10 July 2020 entitled ‘Confiscation Orders | The Assumptions’ focused upon various factors considered when ascertaining the amount to be repaid by a convicted defendant as the result of financial gain received by that person...
Conviction for certain criminal offences will result in the making of a Confiscation Order under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’’). Part of the process involved in calculating the financial liability of a defendant to be paid under a Confiscation Order will be...
Trading Standards Officers exercise such powers as the right to enter premises to inspect and to secure or seize material that might be required by way of evidence in any subsequent court proceedings. Most of these powers are granted by the Consumer Rights...
A number of arrests have been made in recent days in the UK and across Europe as a result of law enforcement agencies gaining access to an encrypted phone network called EncroChat which is allegedly widely used by criminal networks. The National Crime Agency (NCA) has...
Kangs Solicitors has a longstanding history of advising businesses, directors and individual clients in relation to their obligations under the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013 (‘the Regulations’) and in the...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH