Sharan Rupra, Immigration specialist at Kangs Solicitors, reports upon recent Government measures taken in response to the worldwide Coronavirus pandemic.
Visa Extensions | Kangs Immigration Law Advisory Team
- will be extended to 31st May 2020 if it is not possible to leave the UK because of travel restrictions or self-isolation due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Anyone in this position must contact the Coronavirus Immigration Team at CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk and provide details of:
- Date of birth
- Previous visa reference number
- An explanation why it is not possible to return home.
- The Home Office will be in touch once a request is received and when a visa is extended until 31st May 2020, although this temporary system is under constant review.
Long Term Stay Applications | Kangs Immigration Team
From within the UK:
- Applicants are now able to apply from within the UK to switch to a long term UK visa until 31st May 2020. This concession will mainly benefit Tier 4 Students and Tier 2 General worker.
- This provision covers Applicants who would usually
need to apply for a visa from their home country for entry clearance where the visa
held did not allow for an ‘in country’ Application.
- It will still be necessary to meet the visa requirements and pay the UK application fee.
- This provision includes those whose leave has already been extended on their visa.
From outside the UK:
- Many UK Visa Application Centres (Vac) are closed or offering limited services.
- Any Applicant who has an appointment and the VAC is now closed will be contacted and advised on how to make a new appointment in due course.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors is able to advise those uncertain of their immigration status as the result of the new provisions outlined above.
Our Immigration Team is also regularly instructed to appeal cases at all levels.
If you find yourself in a position whereby you require immigration advice on any matter then please do not hesitate to contact our team.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs National Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through:
Languages spoken: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi