Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully defended two company directors alleged to have committed offences involving the unlawful disposal of asbestos waste in a manner contrary to section 33 of The Environmental Protection Act 1990.
Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors outlines the manner in which the successful outcome was achieved.
The team at Kangs solicitors has vast experience assisting clients facing serious Environment Agency allegations of every nature, including those involving waste disposal.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please call our team at any of our offices detailed below:
The Allegations | Kangs Asbestos Disposal Offences Defence Solicitors
- A complaint was made to Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire Environment Agency that our clients, when conducting work at a farm which involved the demolition of a number of old farm buildings and the removal of their asbestos roofs, had disposed of the asbestos waste in a pit dug on the farm which had been partially covered with rubble produced by the demolition.
- The farm had no authorisation to bury asbestos waste.
- Our clients vehemently denied the allegations.
How We Assisted Our Clients | Kangs Offences Against the Environment Defence Solicitors
- We attended our clients and obtained detailed instructions upon all events leading to the allegations including a civil dispute in which they were engaged with the farm owner.
- Having examined in detail the Pre-interview Disclosure which had been served and which specified the allegations against our clients, we were able to advise them upon their position, the appropriate course to adopt and the steps necessary to obtain the evidence which supported their denials of any wrongdoing.
- At Interview, our clients were fully prepared to provide a full account of the circumstances and in a position to demonstrate that they were contracted simply to remove the asbestos roofs, not to dispose of them. Additionally, they were able to show that the offensive material had been packaged safely in accordance with Environment Agency requirements and left onsite for the owner to dispose of them. In these circumstances, our clients did not require an Environmental Permit as they were not contracted to dispose of the asbestos.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Waste Disposal Offences Defence Solicitors
- Having considered the detailed explanations provided by our clients, the Environment Agency pursued new lines of enquiry.
- In due course, the Environment Agency confirmed that no further action would be taken against our clients.
Naturally, our clients were delighted with the successful outcome achieved and expressed their gratitude for the efforts made by Kangs Solicitors which led to such an excellent result.
How Can We Assist You? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
We provide advice and assistance throughout the entire criminal process from the initial investigation and interview through to trial.
Should you need any advice and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Kangs Solicitors through any of the following who will be pleased to speak to you: