Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended at Stoke Crown Court a husband and wife charged with offences relating to the production of cannabis.
Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors outlines the successful result which has been achieved.
Kangs Solicitors has been defending clients charged with full range of criminal cases since it was established in 1997.
We are rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country and we are top rank in both the leading legal directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers UK. Kangs Solicitors have previously won the Legal 500 Award for “Criminal & Fraud Law Firm of the Year”.
Our team can be contacted for immediate advice and assistance as follows:
The Circumstances | Kangs Cannabis Offences Defence Solicitors
- Following a report by Western Power of an illegal connection to the powerline at our clients’ address, Police Officers attended the property and discovered ninety two cannabis plants and two bags of dry cannabis in a ground floor room which had been sealed off from the other rooms.
- An expert assessed that the plants were approximately eight weeks away from full maturity and that the seized items represented a street value in the region of £35,600.
How We Assisted Our Clients | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Throughout the course of the Prosecutions the Team at Kangs Solicitors, inter alia:
- examined meticulously all of the Prosecution evidence,
- attended our clients, discussing the evidence and taking their detailed instructions,
- advised our clients upon the strength of the evidence, their position and the appropriate manner in which to proceed,
- given that our female client was a person of previous good behaviour, and our male client had received a previous relevant conviction, negotiated with the Prosecution with the result that it was agreed that the case against her would not be proceeded with on the basis that our male client pleaded guilty,
- obtained character references to support our male client’s mitigation to be made before Stoke Crown Court.
- secured an appropriate highly qualified barrister to represent our client at the Crown Court.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Crown Court Solicitors
- At the Sentencing Hearing at Stoke Crown Court a thorough mitigation which had been prepared by the team at Kangs Solicitors was presented to the court.
- Having considered all of the circumstance presented to him the Judge passed a suspended prison sentence against our male client notwithstanding his previous relevant conviction.
Following the Sentence Hearing, both our clients expressed that the outcome achieved was far beyond their wildest expectations thanks to the endeavours and support of the team at Kangs Solicitors.
How Can We Help? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
We welcome enquiries by telephone or email and we provide an initial no obligation consultation at our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Alternatively, we provide initial consultation via telephone or video conferencing.