Kangs Solicitors has successfully negotiated on behalf of a client a period of Director Disqualification substantially less than that which the authorities intended to impose.
Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors outlines the circumstances.
Anyone facing Director Disqualification Proceedings should seek immediate expert guidance from our team of lawyers which is available to assist clients in all aspects of company law proceedings.
Our award-winning team of solicitors is nationally recognised for its work in Civil, Criminal and Regulatory investigations and court proceedings, including the defence of Director Disqualification proceedings.
We are here to assist you with these issues and our team of expert solicitors can be contacted for confidential and discrete advice as follows:
The Circumstances | Preferential Creditor Payments | Kangs Company Offences Defence Solicitors
Investigations conducted by the Insolvency Service revealed that, upon liquidation, a company controlled by our client owed HMRC VAT arrears in the region of £100,000 despite having paid other creditors a sum approaching £500,000 and a significant sum to our client.
In view of these preferential payments, the Insolvency Service commenced Director Disqualification Proceedings against our client.
The Insolvency Service indicated that it sought a lengthy period of Disqualification which was not acceptable to our client who sought to oppose it.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Insolvency Solicitors
- Upon taking detailed instructions from our client and having examined the Questionnaire provided by him to the Insolvency Service, it became apparent that submission of robust mitigation on his behalf was the most appropriate course of action.
- Accordingly, detailed written representations were prepared and submitted to the Insolvency Service which continued to seek a substantial period of Disqualification.
- However, the Insolvency Team at Kangs Solicitors persevered with negotiations with The Insolvency Service and, eventually, agreed a favourable settlement whereby the Disqualification originally sought was reduced by almost one half.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Insolvency Disputes and Litigation Solicitors
The Kangs Insolvency Team regularly:
- advises clients upon all aspects of company law infringements, such as allegations of trading to the detriment of HMRC including Preferential Payments,
- represents clients facing Director Disqualification Proceedings including assisting in the completion of Preliminary Information Questionnaires,
- provides representation at all interviews including those with the Insolvency Service,
- defends court proceedings of any nature, including those issued by the Secretary of State,
- assists clients involved in all aspects of Insolvency litigation, including civil actions brought by office holders, including liquidators.
Who Should I Contact? | Kangs Director Disqualification Solicitors | Insolvency Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Team through any of the following who will be happy to provide you with some initial advice upon whatever problem you are facing.