Kangs Solicitors have defended a client who allegedly assaulted his former partner by beating on two occasions.
Frances Murray reports on the case.
The Circumstances and Succesful Outcome | Kangs Serious Crime Defence Team
- The Prosecution case was based upon the account provided by the complainant with limited, if any, supportive evidence.
- Our client instructed that he was the victim, sustaining serious injuries, with part of the incident recorded on CCTV.
- Having taken lengthy instructions from our client on the protracted history of his relationship with the complainant, we applied pressure on the Prosecution to review the limited evidence upon which they relied.
- We obtained evidence of our client’s injuries.
- Once the the Prosecution had examined CCTV evidence from the Police and reviewed the limited evidence, the Prosecution discontinued the proceedings against our client shortly before his trial was due to take place.
Our Client’s Comments | Kangs Domestic Violence Defence Solicitors
Our highly delighted client stated:
“Having been referred to Frances Murray of Kangs Solicitors, I am incredibly grateful for her hard work and dedication to my case, through such a distressing time in my life.
She went above and beyond to ensure my case was prepared to the highest standard.
It was clear that there were weaknesses in the Prosecution case that needed to be probed. Frances persevered and applied pressure on the Prosecution to review all the evidence available to them.
I was extremely relieved to hear that the Prosecution had decided to discontinue the proceedings against me, three days before my trial.
The reputational damage caused would have been irreparable had this matter proceeded to trial. Working extremely hard internationally for many years to secure a place of employment with a social media giant in the City, I would have automatically lost my right to remain in the UK should I have been convicted.”
How Can We Help? | Kangs Serious Crime Team
If you are a private individual, business, sole trader, partnership or company, we are here to assist you manage your contact with the prosecuting authority and advise you on any criminal proceedings involving serious criminal offences. We understand the gravity of any reputational damage caused by such allegations.
Who Should I Contact? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Our team of solicitors can be contacted through the following: