Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
"One of, if not the best, criminal specialist firms in the country" (Legal 500 | 2021 Edition)
European Economic Area (EEA) | Bulgarian & Romanian Nationals
Upon Bulgaria and Romania joining the EU on 1st January 2007, work restrictions were imposed whereby, upon arrival in the UK, citizens of those countries were obliged to apply for either a:
- Yellow Registration Card, which allowed them to work on a self-employed basis, study or live in the UK provided they were self-sufficient or a
- Blue Registration Card which allowed them to work in the UK as an employee.
These restrictions came to an end on 1st January 2014 and nationals of those countries can now work in the UK without restrictions in the same manner as other EEA Nationals.
What Visas Are Now Available?
- Individuals who have worked in the UK for less than five years can apply for a Registration Certificate.
- A Bulgarian or Romanian national issued with a Yellow or Blue Registration Card before 1st January 2014 and who have been properly exercising the rights granted, may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence or Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK.
Who Can Apply?
Bulgarian and Romanian nationals and family members who are:
- spouse, or civil partner
- parent or grandparent (or their spouse or civil partner) who is either under twenty one or dependant upon the British citizen
- child or grandchild (or their spouse or civil partner) dependant upon the British Citizen.
How Can We Help?
The rules and regulations governing all immigration matters are detailed and complex and it is essential that expert guidance is sought to ensure that accurate applications are submitted which are suitable for proper consideration by the authorities and to avoid the waste of substantial fees in the case of rejected applications.
Kangs Solicitors maintains an established team which assists clients with all aspects of asylum and immigration issues at all stages from Application preparation to Tribunal representation and any subsequent Appeal Hearings.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team who will be happy to speak to you and guide you.
Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully assisted a client, a female Somalian national, obtain Further Leave to Remain in the UK under the Derivative Rights of Residence under the EEA Regulations. The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Solicitors Our client entered...
When an Application involving asylum, protection and human rights has been refused by the Home Office, and all appeal rights have been exhausted, further representations may be made to the Home Office where new or additional evidence, which is ‘significantly...
Kangs Solicitors has recently succeeded in assisting a client, an Indian national, obtain Entry Clearance to join his wife in the UK, following earlier refusal by the Entry Clearance Officer who was not satisfied that our client met the requirements of the Immigration...
Kangs Solicitors has recently succeeded in assisting a client, a male Pakistani national, who arrived in the UK in May 2011 and subsequently overstayed his visa, thereby remaining in the UK illegally, obtain Further Leave To Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration specialist at Kangs Solicitors, reports upon recent Government measures taken in response to the worldwide Coronavirus pandemic. Visa Extensions | Kangs Immigration Law Advisory Team will be extended to 31st May 2020 if it is not possible...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH