Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
European Economic Area (EEA) | Bulgarian & Romanian Nationals
Upon Bulgaria and Romania joining the EU on 1st January 2007, work restrictions were imposed whereby, upon arrival in the UK, citizens of those countries were obliged to apply for either a:
- Yellow Registration Card, which allowed them to work on a self-employed basis, study or live in the UK provided they were self-sufficient or a
- Blue Registration Card which allowed them to work in the UK as an employee.
These restrictions came to an end on 1st January 2014 and nationals of those countries can now work in the UK without restrictions in the same manner as other EEA Nationals.
What Visas Are Now Available?
- Individuals who have worked in the UK for less than five years can apply for a Registration Certificate.
- A Bulgarian or Romanian national issued with a Yellow or Blue Registration Card before 1st January 2014 and who have been properly exercising the rights granted, may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence or Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK.
Who Can Apply?
Bulgarian and Romanian nationals and family members who are:
- spouse, or civil partner
- parent or grandparent (or their spouse or civil partner) who is either under twenty one or dependant upon the British citizen
- child or grandchild (or their spouse or civil partner) dependant upon the British Citizen.
How Can We Help?
The rules and regulations governing all immigration matters are detailed and complex and it is essential that expert guidance is sought to ensure that accurate applications are submitted which are suitable for proper consideration by the authorities and to avoid the waste of substantial fees in the case of rejected applications.
Kangs Solicitors maintains an established team which assists clients with all aspects of asylum and immigration issues at all stages from Application preparation to Tribunal representation and any subsequent Appeal Hearings.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team who will be happy to speak to you and guide you.
Recently there have been talks about the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants resident in the UK with the intent to legalise their status. Sharan Rupra, immigration law specialist at Kangs Solicitors comments upon amnesties generally. Previous Amnesties | Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH