Jared O’Mara, former MP for Sheffield Hallam, has been charged with seven counts of fraud by false representation following the alleged submission of fraudulent invoices to the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority in 2019.
Kangs Solicitors is highly regarded for successfully defending clients facing fraud prosecutions for offences of every nature.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field. He is one of only two solicitors nationally to be ranked as a “Star Individual” for five consecutive years in the leading law directory Chambers & Partners.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and are also ranked in Chambers & Partners.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please contact our team at any of our offices detailed below:
The Law | What is Fraud by False Representation? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006 provides:
Fraud by false representation
- ‘A person is in breach of this section if he –
- dishonestly makes a false representation; and
- intends by making that representation –
- to make a gain for himself or another; or
- to cause loss to another or to expose another to the risk of loss.
- A representation is false if –
- it is untrue or misleading; and
- the person making it knows that it is, or it might be, untrue or misleading.
- “Representation” means any representation as to fact of law, including a representation as to the state of mind of –
- the person making the representation; or
- any other person.
- A representation maybe express or implied.
- For the purpose of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).’
How Can We Help? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors has been defending clients facing criminal prosecution in respect of alleged criminal conduct of every nature, include fraud allegations, for over twenty years.
We have an enviable reputation for the service we provide our clients and also provide access to the finest barristers and QCs in the country.
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email and when necessary, our expert 24/7 Rapid Response Team is here to assist you on 07989 521210 should you require advice and assistance out of office hours.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at any of our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or alternatively are happy to arrange meetings via video conferencing.
Please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: