Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully assisted a client, a female Somalian national, obtain Further Leave to Remain in the UK under the Derivative Rights of Residence under the EEA Regulations.
The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
- Our client entered the UK in July 2017 with her German national husband and two children by virtue of a valid EEA family permit.
- Sadly, our client’s husband died in October 2018.
- Our client wished to remain in the UK with her children who were in full time education.
- Our client, who is the full time carer of her children and who is responsible for providing their financial support and accommodation, wished to regularise her status in the UK.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Immigration Team
- After taking detailed instructions, the Kangs team was able to advise our client that her children may be supported throughout their education within the EEA by the exercise of a ‘Derivative Right of Residence’ as she is their primary carer. A primary carer is a person who has the full day to day responsibility for all aspects of the care of a child.
- The Kangs Team advised our client upon the appropriate procedure to follow and prepared all requisite documentary evidence showing how her application satisfied the relevant law.
- We collated all supporting evidence to be submitted with the application.
- The Kangs team liaised with all the necessary bodies, including the Home Office.
The Successful Application | Kangs Further Leave To Remain Advisors
- Our client was granted Further Leave to Remain under the Derivative Rights of Residence under the EEA regulations.
- Naturally, our client and her children were overjoyed with the result achieved for them.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Procedure Solicitors
The rules and regulations governing all immigration matters are detailed and complex and it is essential that expert guidance is sought to ensure that accurate applications are submitted which are suitable for proper consideration by the authorities and to avoid the waste of substantial fees in the case of rejected applications.
Our Immigration Team is also regularly instructed to appeal cases at all levels.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through:
Languages spoken: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi