He now comments upon the manner in which a taxpayer, or appointed agent. is able to apply for ADR with a view to settling any dispute with HMRC.
We are also well recognised by the leading law directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, for our work in relation to financial matters on behalf of our clients.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please call our Team at any of our offices detailed below:
When May ADR Be Appropriate? | Kangs HMRC Dispute Solicitors
Ordinarily, ADR may be appropriate where HMRC has concluded or is conducting a compliance check.
Compliance Checks consist of an enquiry into:
- Accounts and Tax calculations
- Self-Assessment tax returns
- Company Tax Returns
- PAYE records and returns.
ADR can be applied for during, and at the conclusion of the compliance check process or, subsequently, during Tribunal proceedings.
ADR does not affect the right to Appeal or to request a Statutory Review by a senior officer of HMRC.
ADR may be requested when:
- communications have broken down with HMRC
- there are disputes about the facts
- a dispute appears to be the result of a misunderstanding
- HMRC has not agreed evidence provided and relies upon other evidence
- it is unclear what information HMRC has used and it is believed that wrong assumptions may have been made
- HMRC is required to explain the need for further information which has been requested.
Meditation Procedure | Kangs HMRC Mediation Solicitors
- In accordance with ADR procedure, an Independent Mediator is assigned to the case to try and streamline the issues involved and the relevant process.
- it is essential that all issues are clearly presented and documented including:
- detailed background to the main facts of the case and
- the relevant law relied upon.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Civil and Criminal Tax Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors is regularly instructed to assist clients in respect of HMRC enquiries relating to tax matters of every nature, both civil and criminal.
Upon receiving Notice of an Enquiry or becoming aware of any investigation being conducted by HMRC, it is essential that you seek expert advice immediately and certainly before attending an interview or meeting with HMRC of any nature.
Hamraj Kang leads an award-winning team of solicitors nationally reputed for its excellence.
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
For initial enquires please contact: