Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Administrative Review Solicitor
In recent years, the Government has reformed administrative redress process away from a traditional Tribunal to an Administrative Review System.
The purpose of the change is to allow administrative bodies to review their own decisions internally, thereby enabling incorrect decisions to be detected more quickly and which will improve upon the former costly and slow Tribunal Appeals process.
What is Administrative Review?
If it is believed that the Home Office has made an erroneous decision based upon the documents accompanying any application then a review can be sought.
Possible reasons for requesting a review include:
- an incorrect period of immigration leave having been calculated
- grounds of alleged deception, breach of conditions, or overstaying were incorrectly applied
- where supporting documents are alleged to be fraudulent
- an allegation of a previous breach of the immigration laws is raised
- the belief that the immigration rules have been incorrectly interpreted
- Home Office policy and guidance rules are believed not to have been adhered to.
- a successful decision has been achieved but the Biometric Residence Permit has an error or an incorrect period of leave to remain has been granted.
Notice Of Refusal And Appeal Time Limits
In the event of a refusal, the Home Office will issue a ‘Notice of Decision’ which sets out:
- the decision
- the reasons why the Application has been refused, and
- whether or not there exists the right to seek an administrative review.
An administrative review from
- within the UK must be lodged within 14 days from receipt of decision.
- outside the UK must be lodged within 28 days from receipt of the decision.
A national of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), or of Switzerland, has an automatic right to live, work and study in the UK. Whilst there is no legal requirement for an EEA national to obtain a Registration Certificate, possession of one assists as...
Kangs Solicitors have been instructed to defend clients facing deportation from the UK as the result of criminal convictions imposed upon them by the Crown Court. The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Team Both clients are Polish nationals exercising their EEA treaty...
The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which was introduced in 2015, allows anyone in the UK by virtue of a work, study or family visa for over six months to access the same NHS medical services as those available to UK Citizens. The IHS is payable by anyone,...
Kangs Solicitors previously reported on our instruction to represent a Georgian National who is one of eight defendants charged with multiple conspiracies to breach UK Immigration Regulations. The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Offences Defence Team The Prosecution...
Director Disqualification | Employment Of Illegal Immigrants | Kangs Immigration & Director Disqualification Solicitors
The obligations placed upon employers to ensure that they do not hire illegal workers and the consequences of failure to comply with the prevailing legislation are generally widely known. Cagin Husnu of Kangs Solicitors comments upon a situation where a company was...
How Can We Assist With Preparation For An Administrative Review
Kangs Immigration Team is able to:
- analyse the contents of a Refusal Notice and advise upon any possible basis for challenge
- advise upon all relevant laws, procedures and requirements
- advise upon the weaknesses of any proposed challenge
- prepare all relevant documentation and submit the same to the Administrative Review Team
liaise with all involved parties
Fees Payable And Review Procedure
- the fees for an Administrative Review is £80.00.
- the Administrative Review Team will decide the application within 28 days.
- if the review is successful and the refusal is overturned, the fee will be returned.
- there may exist the right for further review to the Upper Tribunal for Judicial Review if it is considered that the review was not conducted correctly.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
Pall Mall Court 61-67 King Street
Manchester, M2 4PD