Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Child Dependant Visa (‘CDV’) Application Solicitor
What is a CDV?
The UK provides for children who are not British and are under 18 years of age to enter and remain in the UK with their parent(s).
A child who is under the age of 18, living overseas, and who has a parent or other relative, either settled or applying for settlement in the UK, may be eligible to enter and remain in the UK indefinitely.
A child who is under the age of 18 and who has a parent with Limited Leave to remain in the UK and who arrived as a spouse, civil partner, or unmarried partner of a British Citizen may be eligible to seek leave to remain in circumstances in line with that parent.
What are the requirements?
For an application to be successful, a number of requirements have to be met including:
- The dependant must prove the relationship which is claimed with the parent or other relative and provide documentary evidence,
- The dependant must be under the age of 18 at the date of the application,
- The dependant must not be married, in a civil partnership or leading an independent life,
- Proof that adequate accommodation is available,
- Evidence that there are funds of at least £18,600 available to support the dependant without recourse to public funds,
- The dependant’s parent(s) must have sole responsibility to make important decisions such as where the dependant lives, attends school, travels, religion and medical treatment etc,
- Whether or not there are serious compelling family or other considerations which make exclusion of the dependant undesirable
How can we help?
If you are struggling to understand the complex immigration rules we are able to help, advise and action: our process will enable you to avoid unnecessary expenses and to take the stress and uncertainty out of your application.
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers who regularly advise and assist clients with immigration status issues in the UK.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
A national of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), or of Switzerland, has an automatic right to live, work and study in the UK. Whilst there is no legal requirement for an EEA national to obtain a Registration Certificate, possession of one assists as...
Kangs Solicitors have been instructed to defend clients facing deportation from the UK as the result of criminal convictions imposed upon them by the Crown Court. The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Team Both clients are Polish nationals exercising their EEA treaty...
The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which was introduced in 2015, allows anyone in the UK by virtue of a work, study or family visa for over six months to access the same NHS medical services as those available to UK Citizens. The IHS is payable by anyone,...
Kangs Solicitors previously reported on our instruction to represent a Georgian National who is one of eight defendants charged with multiple conspiracies to breach UK Immigration Regulations. The Circumstances | Kangs Immigration Offences Defence Team The Prosecution...
Director Disqualification | Employment Of Illegal Immigrants | Kangs Immigration & Director Disqualification Solicitors
The obligations placed upon employers to ensure that they do not hire illegal workers and the consequences of failure to comply with the prevailing legislation are generally widely known. Cagin Husnu of Kangs Solicitors comments upon a situation where a company was...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
Pall Mall Court 61-67 King Street
Manchester, M2 4PD