Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Business Visitor Visa Solicitor
What is a Business Visitor Visa?
The UK recognises that in order to promote and support its trade with the global economy it is essential that all those involved in international business are able to visit the UK for short periods for such business purposes.
In order to make such a visit, it is necessary to obtain a Standard Visitor visa for business purposes and to enter as a ‘business visitor’.
Basic Business Visitor Requirements
To qualify, a Business visitor must demonstrate that:
- it is only wished to visit the UK for a short period with a maximum stay of 6 months to carry out business activities,
- the visit is for a genuine business ‘permissible’ activity such as :
- attending conferences,
- conducting site visits,
- attending interviews,
- arranging business related deals or signing trade contracts,
- delivering international goods/and or passengers from abroad, or
- promotional activities.
- it is intended to leave the UK at the end of the visit and that the costs of the onward journey are covered.
- There must be proof that there are sufficient funds available to cover maintenance and accommodation expenses without working in the UK or without the need to recourse to UK public funds, or that there is adequate third party support available for the duration of the stay.
Recently there have been talks about the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants resident in the UK with the intent to legalise their status. Sharan Rupra, immigration law specialist at Kangs Solicitors comments upon amnesties generally. Previous Amnesties | Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
Business Visa Documents
To be successful, the applicant must show appropriate documentary evidence, such as:
- Invitation letter from UK company/business/establishment
- Confirmation and details regarding the purpose of the visit
- If employed – letter from employer approving the period of leave, details of employment, duration, position, salary, and when expected to resume work
- If self-employed – evidence of business activities, accounts and financial credibility
- Evidence of ties to home country – such as ownership of property, business, economic, land, family ties
- Evidence of travel plans – ticket bookings, hotel, itinerary
- Bank statements for last 3/6 months
- Evidence of additional savings
To be entitled to a Business Visit visa an applicant must:
- not intend to study in the UK
- not intend to charge the public for services provided or goods received
- be based abroad and have no intention of setting up a base in the UK
- receive salary/remuneration from overseas
- not intend to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK
- not intend to receive private medical treatment during the visit
- not be a transit passenger to a country outside the common travel area
Grant of Visa
A visa entitles the holder to:
- visit the UK for a maximum period of six months for the purpose declared
- multiple entries during the six months period.
If the permitted period is exceeded, the visitor will become an ‘overstayer’ which status will adversely impact upon any future immigration applications to the UK.
Refusal of Application
An applicant who is refused a business visitor visa will receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for the refusal and a fresh application will need to be submitted, if the visa is still required.
How Can We Help?
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers who regularly advise and assist clients with immigration status issues in the UK.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH