Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Child Visitor Visa Solicitor
What is a Child Visitor Visa?
Children under the age of 18 can travel to the UK to visit friends and family who live here and to take a short course of study for up to six months.
The Child Visitor Visa is available for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Basic Child Visitor Visa Requirements
To qualify a Child Visitor must:
- be under eighteen years old at the time of application
- intend to visit the UK for a visit not exceeding six months
- have parental or guardian consent
- d. show that suitable arrangements are in place for travel, reception and care and can provide full details of these arrangements
- be able to pay for the costs of the onward journey
- have sufficient funds available to cover maintenance and accommodation expenses without the need to work in the UK, without recourse to UK public funds or that there is adequate third party support available for the duration of the stay
Child Visitor Visa Document Requirement
To be successful, the applicant must evidence:
- the general visitor requirements and age
- travel arrangements and travel plans, ticket bookings, hotel, accommodation, itinerary
- parent or guardian consent and provide contact details for that person
- proof of financial support (e,g Bank statements for last 3/6 months).
- Tuberculosis certificate, if from a country where a test has to be taken
To be entitled to a Child Visitor Visa an applicant must:
- not intend to work in the UK
- not get married or form a civil partnership
- not get private medical treatment
- not study in a government funded school unless you are coming to the UK as part of an exchange programme or educational visit
- not intend to extend their stay in the United Kingdom
Recently there have been talks about the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants resident in the UK with the intent to legalise their status. Sharan Rupra, immigration law specialist at Kangs Solicitors comments upon amnesties generally. Previous Amnesties | Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
Grant of Child Visitor Visa
A Child Visitor Visa entitles the holder to visit the UK for a maximum period of six months for the purpose declared.
If the permitted period is exceeded, and an extension has not been obtained, the visitor will become an ‘overstayer’, which status will adversely impact upon any future immigration applications to the UK.
Refusal Of Application
An applicant who is refused a Child Visitor Visa will receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for the refusal and a fresh application will need to be submitted, if the visa is still required.
How Can We Help?
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers who regularly advise and assist clients with immigration status issues in the UK.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH