“Kangs has an excellent reputation. They care about their clients and go the extra mile for them”

Chambers & Partners

Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'

Child Visitor Visa Solicitor

What is a Child Visitor Visa?

Children under the age of 18 can travel to the UK to visit friends and family who live here and to take a short course of study for up to six months.

The Child Visitor Visa is available for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.

Basic Child Visitor Visa Requirements

To qualify a Child Visitor must:

  1. be under eighteen years old at the time of application
  2. intend to visit the UK for a visit not exceeding six months
  3. have parental or guardian consent
  4. d. show that suitable arrangements are in place for travel, reception and care and can provide full details of these arrangements
  5. be able to pay for the costs of the onward journey
  6. have sufficient funds available to cover maintenance and accommodation expenses without the need to work in the UK, without recourse to UK public funds or that there is adequate third party support available for the duration of the stay

Child Visitor Visa Document Requirement

To be successful, the applicant must evidence:

  1. the general visitor requirements and age
  2. travel arrangements and travel plans, ticket bookings, hotel, accommodation, itinerary
  3. parent or guardian consent and provide contact details for that person
  4. proof of financial support (e,g Bank statements for last 3/6 months).
  5. Tuberculosis certificate, if from a country where a test has to be taken

To be entitled to a Child Visitor Visa an applicant must:

  1. not intend to work in the UK
  2. not get married or form a civil partnership
  3. not get private medical treatment
  4. not study in a government funded school unless you are coming to the UK as part of an exchange programme or educational visit
  5. not intend to extend their stay in the United Kingdom

Latest News

EEA Residence Card Or Pre Settled Status? | Immigration Solicitors

EU Citizens who plan to live, work, or study in the UK are able to apply under the EEA Regulations 2016 or the EU Settlement Scheme in order to protect their rights throughout the transition period until 30th June 2021. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the...

Human Rights | Fee Waiver Policy | Kangs Immigration Solicitors

Whilst the level of fees payable upon immigration applications continues to increase, there are opportunities in various instances where a waiver may be available. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon the situation. Potential Fees | Kangs Immigration...

Deportation | Successful Outcome | Kangs Immigration Solicitors

Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a client, who was a serving prisoner, achieve his desired deportation under the Early Removal Scheme (‘ERS’) back to his home country, being France, despite initial difficulties encountered with the Home Office. Cagin Husnu...

Proposed Changes To Immigration Rules | Kangs Immigration Solicitors

The Government has indicated that it intends to simplify the existing complicated and complex Immigration Rules. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments. The Present Situation | Kangs Immigration Legislation Advisory Team The Immigration Rules HC395, which were...

Registration Certificate Applications | Kangs Solicitors

A national of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), or of Switzerland, has an automatic right to live, work and study in the UK. Whilst there is no legal requirement for an EEA national to obtain a Registration Certificate, possession of one assists as...

Grant of Child Visitor Visa

A Child Visitor Visa entitles the holder to visit the UK for a maximum period of six months for the purpose declared.

If the permitted period is exceeded, and an extension has not been obtained, the visitor will become an ‘overstayer’, which status will adversely impact upon any future immigration applications to the UK.

Refusal Of Application

An applicant who is refused a Child Visitor Visa will receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for the refusal and a fresh application will need to be submitted, if the visa is still required.

How Can We Help?

At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers who regularly advise and assist clients with immigration status issues in the UK.

We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.


Mrs Sharan Rupra
07989 521 210 | 0121 449 9888 | 020 7936 6396


2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ

0121 449 9888


9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR

020 7936 6396


Pall Mall Court 61-67 King Street
Manchester, M2 4PD

0121 449 9888