Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Entertainer Visitor Visa Solicitor
What is an Entertainer Visitor Visa?
The Entertainer Visitor Visa is necessary for those who wish to visit the UK for a short time to participate in music and arts festivals, charity events, the fashion industry and similar events and includes assessors, lecturers and media personnel etc.
It is available to nationals of all countries outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
In order to make such a visit, it is necessary to obtain a Standard Visitor visa for Entertainment purposes and to enter as an ‘entertainer visitor’.
Basic Entertainer Visitor Visa Requirements
To qualify, an entertainer visitor must demonstrate that:
1. he or she is aged 18 or over.
2. it is only intended to visit the UK for a short period with a maximum stay of 6 months.
3. the visit is for a genuine entertainment ‘permissible’ activity such as:
- taking part in a music competition as a professional entertainer
- participation in broadcasts or public appearances, provided no payment is involved
- taking part in an audition, provided it is not in front of an audience (either paying or non- paying)
- an amateur entertainer coming for a specific engagement as an individual performer
- part of a group of entertainers (such as a choir or orchestra) coming for a specific engagement
- a professional entertainer taking part in a charity concert or show, provided that the organisers are not making a profit and no appearance fee is being paid
- an amateur or professional entertainer taking part in a cultural event sponsored by a government or recognised international organisation, or major arts festival
- it is intended to leave the UK at the end of the visit and that the costs of the onward journey are covered.
- There must be proof that there are sufficient funds available to cover maintenance and accommodation expenses without working in the UK or without the need to recourse to UK public funds, or that there is adequate third party support available for the duration of the stay.
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
In an article posted to this site on September 27th 2019 the nature of both the Article 4 European Convention of Human Rights 1950 and the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 were explained. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors furthers that article by reference to forms of...
An Entertainer Visitor Visa is also available to a person who is:
1. a member of the technical or support staff of an amateur or professional attending the same event e.g. bodyguard, press officer, dietician.
2. an official attending the same event as the entertainer e.g choreographer, stage manager, designer.
Entertainer Visitor Visa Document requirement:
To be successful, the applicant must show appropriate documentary evidence, such as:
- Confirmation and details of the particular event/purpose of the visit.
- If employed – letter from employer approving the period of leave, details of employment, duration, position, salary, and when expected to resume work.#
- If self-employed – evidence of business activities, accounts and financial credibility.
- Evidence of ties to home country – such as ownership of property, business, economic, land, family ties.
- Evidence of travel plans – ticket bookings, hotel, itinerary.
- Bank statements for last 3-6 months.
- Evidence of additional savings.
To be entitled to an Entertainer Visitor Visa an applicant must:
- not intend to study in the UK
- not take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public in the UK
- not intend to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK
- not intend to receive private medical treatment during the visit
- not be a transit passenger to a country outside the common travel area
Grant of Entertainer visitor Visa
An Entertainer Visitor Visa entitles the holder to:
- visit the UK for a maximum period of six months for the purpose declared
- switch to the points based system to complete the job specified on the certificate of Sponsorship
If the permitted period is exceeded, the visitor will become an ‘over-stayer’, which status will adversely impact upon any future immigration applications to the UK.
Refusal of Application
An applicant who is refused an Entertainer Visitor Visa will receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for the refusal and a fresh application will need to be submitted, if the visa is still required.
How Can We Help?
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers who regularly advise and assist clients with immigration status issues in the UK.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH