Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Spouse Visa Application
What is a Spouse Visa?
Under the Immigration Rules, a person seeking entry clearance as a spouse must satisfy the requirements of Section EC-P of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
A spouse visa allows a married partner of a UK citizen to join their spouse who is ‘settled in the UK’.
What are the Requirements?
In order to qualify, the mandatory requirements are:
- both parties must be at least eighteen years old
- the parties must have met and be legally married
- the relationship must be ‘genuine and subsisting’ and there must be intent to live permanently in the UK
- there must be proof of sufficient funds available to support the couple and any dependants, without the need to claim public funds
- the sponsoring partner must earn at least £18,600 per year or have appropriate savings. The financial requirement is higher if there are dependant children. There are some exemptions from the income and savings rules.
- suitable accommodation must be available.
- English language requirements must be satisfied.
- a valid TB test Certificate must be available
How Can We Help You?
Given the requirements of the strict Immigration Rules and the costly application fees payable, it is essential that a correctly completed application is lodged together with the required evidence in support.
At Kangs Solicitors we have a specialist Immigration Team experienced in Spouse Visa applications and who will be happy to assist with any application.
Recently there have been talks about the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants resident in the UK with the intent to legalise their status. Sharan Rupra, immigration law specialist at Kangs Solicitors comments upon amnesties generally. Previous Amnesties | Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH