Winner of the Legal 500 - 'Criminal, Fraud & Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2019'
Student Visitor Visa Solicitor
What is a Student Visitor Visa?
As is to be expected, the UK offers the best choice of English language courses in the world with the result that qualifications gained in the UK are highly recognised and desirable.
Any adult wishing to undertake a short course of study of up to six months may apply for a visa as a temporary student.
The Student visitor visa is available for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and Switzerland and any such person wishing to visit the UK as short term student will need to obtain a Standard Visitor visa for Study purposes and to enter as a ‘Student visitor’.
Basic Student Visitor Visa Requirements
To qualify a Student visitor must demonstrate that:
- the minimum age requirement of eighteen years is met.
- it is only intended to visit the UK to undertake a period of study not exceeding six months.
- the visit is for a genuine short course of study demonstrated by, for example, enrolment or acceptance on a course of study which is provided by an organisation that is included on the register of Education and Training Providers.
- d. it is intended to leave the UK at the end of the visit and that the costs of the onward journey are covered.
- there are sufficient funds available to cover maintenance and accommodation expenses without the need to work in the UK, without recourse to UK public funds or that there is adequate third party support available for the duration of the stay.
Student Visitor Visa Document requirements
To be successful, the applicant must show appropriate documentary evidence, such as:
Confirmation and details of the particular course of study to be undertaken
Recently there have been talks about the granting of amnesty to illegal immigrants resident in the UK with the intent to legalise their status. Sharan Rupra, immigration law specialist at Kangs Solicitors comments upon amnesties generally. Previous Amnesties | Kangs...
Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020. General The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on...
Many children born in, or who have been living in the United Kingdom for ten years, are entitled to be registered as British Citizens. Such registration involves the payment of an application fee which currently amounts to the sum of £1,012. Sharan Rupra of...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a male client, a Pakistani national who had been a victim of domestic abuse, in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors comments upon this successful application. The...
The Government has announced proposals for the resurrection of the Post Study Work Visa (‘PSWV’) which, originally introduced in 2004, was removed in 2012. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors outlines the proposals. The Intentions | Kangs Immigration Solicitors As...
- A letter from the licensed or accredited institution which shows unconditional acceptance or enrolment on a course of study
- Evidence of ties to home country – such as family, economic, land ties
- Evidence of travel plans – ticket bookings, hotel, accommodation, itinerary
- Bank statements for last 3/6 months
- Evidence of additional savings
- If parents are sponsoring then their financial information should be submitted with the application together with proof of relationship
To be entitled to a Student Visitor visa an applicant must:
- not intend to work in the UK
- not engage in business, produce goods or provide services including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public in the UK
- not study in a government funded school
- not intend to extend their stay in the United Kingdom
Grant of Student Visitor Visa
A Student visitor visa entitles the holder to visit the UK for a maximum period of six months for the purpose declared.
If the permitted period is exceeded, the visitor will become an ‘overstayer’, which status will adversely impact upon any future immigration applications to the UK.
Refusal of Application
An applicant who is refused a Student Visitor Visa will receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for the refusal and a fresh application will need to be submitted, if the visa is still required.
How Can We Help?
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team of immigration lawyers who regularly advise and assist clients with immigration status issues in the UK.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH