Kangs Solicitors has once again retained its position as a leading firm in the areas of criminal defence, financial crime and POCA/Asset Forfeiture work in the recently published 2021 edition of the Chambers & Partners legal Directory.
We have been ranked in the highest tier for both criminal defence and fraud work for many consecutive years and we are delighted to have achieved this accolade again this year. Our award-winning team is here to assist you and your business so please feel free to call us for an initial telephone consultation:
Praise For The Team At Kangs | Strength In Depth | Kangs Solicitors
The firm as a whole is widely praised for its continued work on serious, high profile and high value cases as well as its dedication to its clients.
Chambers & Partners (2021 edition) says:
- Dedicated white-collar crime team handling confiscations and cash seizures.
- Frequently represents high-profile individuals with proceeds of crime issues following convictions for fraud, money laundering and conspiracy to supply drugs.
- Advises on civil cases brought by the NCA under POCA, including property freezing and civil recovery orders.
- ‘The firm has imaginative leadership, a great team of technically gifted lawyers and an enviable client base.’
- Another interviewee praises the firm’s ‘dedicated work and client care.’
- Extremely well reputed for advising on high-value matters such as MTIC, POCA and property frauds.
- Often instructed by senior legal, accounting and financial services professionals.
- Continues to attract work from across the country, including both legal aid and privately funded matters.
- Noted expertise in SFO and HMRC cases.
- ‘The firm has a great team of technically gifted lawyers and an enviable client base.’
- Another commentator commends the ‘very slick’ operation of the team.
Individual Solicitors Recognised | Crime & Fraud Defence Solicitors
Chambers & Partners recognises our senior solicitors in this year’s rankings.
Hamraj Kang continues to be recognised as one of the leading solicitors in the country as he is once again ranked as a ‘star individual’ for his considerable work in white collar fraud and financial crime.
He is one of only two solicitors nationally to have been awarded ‘star individual’ status for an unprecedented sixth consecutive year (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021).
This is what Chambers & Partners (2021 edition) says about Hamraj:
- Hamraj Kang is a pre-eminent figure in the market known for his work on complex criminal investigations involving tax evasion, pension fraud and money laundering.
- He also advises clients on alleged conspiracies to defraud.
- ‘He is a true leader in the market for financial crime.’
- ‘He has fantastic attention to detail and inspires a lot of confidence in his clients and colleagues alike.’
- ‘He is a very astute and tactically brilliant solicitor.’
- ‘He has got good judgement, good instincts, is hard-working and provides excellent client care.’
- Hamraj Kang demonstrates strength acting on the POCA aspects of criminal proceedings including confiscation processes.
- He is adept at handling both domestic and cross-border matters.
- ‘He’s an astute, clever and tactically brilliant solicitor who I cannot help but praise.’
- ‘He is incredibly industrious and does not just rely on his undoubtedly natural talent to win a case, but he puts in all the hard work as well.’
- ‘He’s got good judgement, is hard-working and offers excellent client care.’
John Veale is also recognised for his work in financial fraud investigations as well as financial restraint and POCA work. He is praised for his technical skills, sound judgment and measured approach to cases.
This is what Chambers & Partners (2021 edition) says about John:
- John Veale frequently assists with investigations into fraud, bribery and corruption.
- ‘He is a calming influence in the midst of a difficult case.’
- ‘He is a lawyer with exceptionally good judgement.’
- John Veale garners praise for his work on financial crime and related POCA matters.
- He is notable for his expertise in relation to restraint orders.
- ‘He’s a calming influence in the midst of difficult cases.’
- ‘John Veale is a senior solicitor with exceptionally good judgement.’
- ‘He is always calm and measured, and is technically very good.’
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
We have considerable experience in acting for corporate and individual clients in relation to criminal and criminal fraud investigations.
We understand the often, significant stress and strain that such investigations can have on clients and their families.
We provide early and forthright advice and aim to work proactively with our clients in an effort to protect their position and secure an early favourable resolution to the matter.
Our team of solicitors is here to assist and can be contacted through any of the following: