Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended at Birmingham Crown Court a client who was charged with S.47 Assault (Offences Against the Person Act 1861) which, upon conviction, carries a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine not exceeding the statutory minimum.
We are rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country being ranked in both the leading legal directories, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
‘This is a first-class firm with unrivalled experience. The team is intelligent, hardworking and seems determined to do a professional job. Whether the case is serious or trivial the same amount of care is taken.’ (Legal 500, 2020 Edition)
Should you require any initial advice our team can be contacted as follows:
The Allegations | Kangs Assault Offences Defence Solicitors
The Prosecution alleged that:
- our client and his partner met with the Complainant and his partner at a pub,
- the Complainant and our client were former work colleagues,
- both couples enjoyed the evening together at the pub and decided to continue drinking at our client’s house, where they continued to drink into the early hours of the morning,
- our client became aggressive and punched the Complainant in the head several times whist wearing a ‘Knuckle Duster’.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Solicitors Criminal Defence Team
We assisted our client, who maintained that he had acted in self- defence and had not been in possession of any weapon, and prepared for trial by, inter alia:
- thoroughly examining all the material served by the Prosecution, including hospital reports and statements provided by the Complainant and his partner.
- seeking disclosure of further evidence,
- obtaining our client’s instructions in detail and advised him upon his position and the appropriate course to adopt,
- obtaining Character Witness Statements which supported our client,
- identifying counsel appropriate for our client’s defence, briefing him in detail and attending him in conferences with our client.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Crown Court Trial Solicitors
Having regard to the forcefulness of the defence presented to the jury at Trial, it deliberated on the matter for less than ten minutes before returning a unanimous verdict of ‘Not Guilty’.
Naturally, our client was delighted with the result. Had he been found guilty of this alleged crime he would have lost his managerial role at his place of work and the reputation he holds within his community would have been destroyed.
At Kangs Solicitors we understand the pressures faced by clients in such circumstances and the attention to detail and commitment a client will require from his or her legal team to ensure a successful result.
A Proven Track Record | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
To read more defences where we have achieved a successful outcome, please follow the links below:
- Not Guilty Verdicts in Murder & Manslaughter Trial at Coventry Crown Court
- Kangs Secure Not Guilty Verdicts In Four Murder Investigations
- Acquittal In Attempted Murder Trial
- Not Guilty Verdict for Drink Drive Offence
- Client Found Not Guilty In Major Drugs Trial
How to Contact Us | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any allegations of criminal activity, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: