A jury at Stafford Crown Court has recently returned a ‘Not Guilty’ verdict for a client of Kangs Solicitors accused, with six others, of causing grievous bodily harm with intent to do grievous bodily harm, S.18 Offences Against the Person Act 1861 and robbery under the Theft Act 1968.
We are rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country and we are top ranked in both the leading legal directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
Kangs Solicitors won the Legal 500 award for ‘Criminal & Fraud Law Firm of the Year’.
Should you require any advice please feel free to call our award-winning team for an initial telephone consultation on:
The Allegations | Kangs Serious Crime Defence Solicitors
The Prosecution alleged that our client, along with six others, unlawfully and maliciously wounded another with intent to do him grievous bodily harm.
The circumstances were that:
- the alleged offence took place within a prison
- the complainant was in his cell when he was viciously attacked
- seven suspects were said to have entered the complainant’s cell
- upon entering the cell, it was alleged weapons were produced
- the complainant alleged our client was one of the offenders who brutally attacked him
- the complainant stated the offenders were in his cell for approximately 20 – 30 minutes
- the complainant alleged as well as being attacked, threats were made and property was stolen.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Solicitors Criminal Defence Team
We assisted our client, who maintained he had done nothing wrong and was not involved with others in the incident, and prepared for his trial by, inter alia:
- thoroughly examining all the material served by the Prosecution, including witness statements provided by the complainant and prison officers,
- seeking disclosure of further evidence which included CCTV covering various angles of the wing,
- obtaining our client’s instructions in detail, advising him upon his position and the appropriate course to adopt and preparing and serving a detailed Defence Case Statement,
- investigating the CCTV when examining the version of events that were put forward by the complainant.
- identifying and instructing experienced counsel to represent him at court
- attending all necessary Court Hearings and conferences with counsel.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Crown Court Trial Solicitors
Due to the thorough review of the evidence by our specialist defence team and the detailed preparation of all documentation required in preparation for Trial, our client’s defence was presented clearly and forcefully to the Jury which, after deliberating for a short amount of time, returned a verdict of ‘Not Guilty’ for our client, one of only two defendants who were acquitted.
Naturally, our client was ecstatic with the result achieved and was very grateful for the hard work conducted on his behalf by the Kangs Solicitors defence team.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Serious Criminal Offences Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors represents on a daily basis clients charged with a vast spectrum of Serious Criminal Proceedings and are renowned for providing the best possible service.
For more information, please follow the links below:
- Delighted Client | Not Guilty Verdict | Nottingham Crown Court
- Unanimous ‘Not Guilty’ Verdict | Kangs Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
- Client Not Guilty of Murder | Coventry Crown Court
How to Contact Us | Kangs National Crime Defence Solicitors
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any allegations of criminal activity, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: