Following an investigation by the Medicines & Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, (MHRA), a defendant has been found guilty of supplying Class B and Class C drugs between September 2015 and April 2016 and sentenced to six years imprisonment by Croydon Crown Court
Nazaqat Maqsoom of Kangs Solicitors sets out the circumstances.
The Circumstances | Kangs Drugs Offences Defence Team
- MHRA Officers seized a substantial quantity of Codeine Phosphate tablets from an address in Stoke on Trent in 2016 which were traced to a Pharmacy where the defendant worked and which belonged to his mother.
- MHRA discovered that the defendant had regularly purchased far larger quantities of controlled drugs than would normally be dispensed from a high street pharmacy and that he had sold medicines on at least twenty three occasions to an organised crime group.
- The medicines, which were collected from the pharmacy by the gang and shipped around the country, included Class C Drugs Diazepam, Zopiclone, Lorazepam and Termadol being prescription only medicines.
The Hearing | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Following his guilty pleas the defendant was sentenced to six years imprisonment at Croydon Crown Court and Confiscation proceedings are underway to confiscate the benefit that he obtained from the criminal activity.
Mark Jackson, MHRA head of enforcement said:
“It is a serious criminal offence to sell controlled drugs which are also prescription only medicines without a prescription.
“We work relentlessly with regulatory and law enforcement colleagues to identify and prosecute those involved.
“Those who sell medicines illegally are exploiting vulnerable people and have no regard for their health. Prescription-only medicines are potent and should only be taken under medical supervision.”
How We Can Help | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Our experienced legal team is accustomed to defending drug related prosecutions throughout the country and has a proven track record of assisting clients charged with all manner of alleged criminal conduct achieve the best possible outcome.
Kangs Solicitors has a wealth of experience and offers pro-active and constructive advice from the outset of POCA Proceedings.
A sample of our work in this area can be seen below:
- Two cleared on all charges | Major Drugs Conspiracy | Kangs Solicitors
- Success in Multi-Million pound drugs conspiracy | Trial
- Drugs Importation | Success at Worcester Crown Court
- Major Drug Trial | Client found ‘Not Guilty’
- Happy Client Avoids Prison | Kangs Criminal Solicitors
- Client Walks Free from Alleged Multi-Million Pound Drugs Conspiracy
- Defendants Facing Charges of Supplying Class A Drugs Found Not Guilty
- Successful Result | Supply of Drugs | Kangs Criminal Solicitors
Who Should I Contact For Help? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any drug related allegations or any other criminal matter, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following, who will be delighted to assist you: