Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully assisted a client, charged with racially aggravated assault and affray, avoid a custodial sentence at Northampton Crown Court.
Our client had an extensive record of previous convictions and the expectation was that he would receive a custodial sentence.
Kangs Solicitors is rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country being ranked in both the leading legal directories, Chambers UK and Legal 500.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Should you require any initial advice our team can be contacted as follows:
- 020 7936 6396 London
- 0121 449 9888 Birmingham
- 0161 817 5020 Manchester
- 07989 521 210 24 Hours Number
The Allegations | Kangs Aggravated Assault and Affray Offences Defence Solicitors
The Prosecution alleged that during a night out with work colleagues our client had:
- become involved in an altercation with another group,
- during which it was alleged that racial insults were used,
- our client was joined by others,
- which resulted in an affray during which a head injury was suffered by one of the group.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Offences Against The Person Defence Solicitors
Our client denied using racial insults and maintained that the confrontation was started by the other group and he and his companions acted in self -defence.
In preparation for our client’s Trial before a Crown Court, the Team at Kangs Solicitors:
- attended our client discussing the circumstances in full, advising him in detail as to his position with particular regard to his previous convictions,
- examined and considered in detail the evidence served by the Prosecution,
- following our client’s decision to enter a controlled plea of guilty preparing a Basis of Plea which clearly set out our client’s position.
- prepared a detailed mitigation bundle explaining how our client was attempting to address his issues with alcohol, being the cause of the offending behaviour and demonstrating that he engaged in steady work and enjoyed the support of his family.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
Having considered in detail the Basis of Plea and the mitigation documents collated by the Team at Kangs Solicitors, the Court:
- sentenced our client to two years imprisonment for aggravated assault and nine months imprisonment sentence for affray, to run concurrently,
- suspended the sentence for two years,
- imposed requirements for a three months Alcohol Treatment Programme and fifteen RAR days,
- imposed a five hundred pounds Compensation Order.
As is to be expected, our client was absolutely delighted with the outcome given that he had expected an immediate custodial sentence.
How to Contact Us | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we understand the pressures faced by clients when faced with any allegation of criminal conduct, the attention to detail and commitment required to the preparation of a client’s defence when seeking the best available result.
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any allegations of criminal activity, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: