Colin Parker was admitted as a solicitor in December 1974 following the completion of training articles with one of Birmingham’s leading commercial firms.
With over 40 years of experience in legal practice, Colin is one of our most senior lawyers and brings considerable knowledge of law and procedure to his serious caseload.
Colin has worked in the VHCC/Serious Crime Department since joining Kangs Solicitors in 2005 and his work is exclusively multi –million pounds fraud cases and serious criminal cases.
He is regarded highly for his meticulous preparation of a client’s defence in readiness for trial and his friendly and re-assuring manner when assisting clients through what is, inevitably, an extremely stressful and worrying period of their life.
Concluded cases include, by way of a small example, acting for numerous defendants in cases involving:
- multi-million pounds MTIC/VAT Carousels
- avoidance of VAT upon the importation of high value motor vehicles
- avoidance of VAT upon the importation of tobacco from Europe and the Far East
- international people trafficking
- international money laundering
- international identity fraud
- multi- million pounds pyramid fraud
- Ponzi frauds
- mortgage frauds running into hundreds of millions of pounds.
- frauds committed against the NHS.
Additionally, Colin has been instructed by and has successfully defended fellow professionals, both solicitors and legal executives, faced with serious charges of conspiracy to defraud a variety of lending institutions and money laundering.
The acquittals secured for these clients has preserved their reputations and enabled them to continue with their legal careers.