A Turkish national who either wants to start a new business in the UK or come to the UK to help run an established business may apply for a Turkish Businessperson visa.
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
An applicant wishing to start a new business must be a Turkish national who has:
- a genuine intention of setting up a viable business
- the skills and ability necessary to set up the business proposed
- the funds required to set up and run the proposed business
- the capacity to make enough profit to support themselves without the need for additional employment that would require a work permit
- not remained in the UK in breach of immigration laws.
An applicant wishing to join an established business must be a Turkish national who can show:
- that there will be an active part in running the business
- a genuine need for the services or investment offered.
Duration of Stay
A successful applicant may, subject to meeting appropriate requirements:
- stay in the UK for twelve months.
- apply for an extension for another three years, although the applicant must remain in the business for which the visa was granted.
- apply to settle permanently in the UK.
Requirements For An Extension
The applicant must:
- still be in the UK
- continue to be part of the established and running business
- continue to be responsible for the appropriate share of the costs of running the business and its liabilities
- still be able to provide support for self and dependants without the need for additional employment.
Indefinite Leave To Remain
On 16th March 2018, the Home Office stopped accepting applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (‘ILR’) under the Turkish ECAA business person category.
However they are considering a new route for ILR and, whilst this is under consideration, Turkish Businesspersons and their dependants can continue to apply for further leave to remain for continuing periods of three years.
However, eligibility for ILR may exist on the basis of ten years long residence.
Family members may be included with the Turkish Businessperson visa application, including:
- Civil Partners
- Unmarried and same sex partners and,
- Children under 21
They must be able to demonstrate that they are genuine family members in order to join, or remain with the Applicant.
For those considering an application for a Turkish Businesssperson visa there is no:
- Minimum capital requirement
- Job creation requirement
- English Language requirement
- Home Office fee payable upon application
- Immigration health surcharge to pay for NHS treatment.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced Immigration Team which advises and assists clients with immigration issues in the UK on a daily basis.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the UK immigration process.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through either of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi