Any applicant outside the UK whose visa application to enter the UK has been refused by the Entry Clearance Office (ECO) at the British Embassy will receive a ‘Notice of Decision’ containing the ECO decision and reasons for refusal.
An appeal against this decision may be lodged to the First Tier Tribunal within twenty eight days of the receipt of the Notice.
How We Can Assist
Our Immigration Team will:
- analyse and review the initial application and supporting documents,
- carefully examine the reasons for refusal,
- examine and consider the relevant law,
- advise upon the reasons for refusal and the appropriate procedure,
- prepare all relevant documents,
- submit all appropriate documents to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
- liaise with the Tribunal throughout the appeal process.
- attend all relevant court hearings as and when necessary.
- The Appeal Process imposes strict deadlines and procedures and any failure to comply may result in the right to appeal being lost.
- The Court fees for the First Tier Tribunal are:
- Paper Hearing – £80.00
- Oral Hearing before an Immigration Judge – £140.00
- Once an Appeal has been lodged it will be reviewed by the Entry Clearance Manager.
- Well drafted Grounds of Appeal may lead to the original decision being overturned which would avoid the need for any attendance before the Immigration Tribunal.
- If the Entry Clearance Manager does not overturn the decision, the Appeal will be heard at the Asylum and Immigration and Asylum Chamber before an Independent Immigration Judge.
- Notice will be given in writing of the date the Appeal Hearing will take place.
Who Can I Contact For Help | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced immigration team who advise and assist clients with immigration issues in the UK on a daily basis.
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the UK immigration process.
Arrangements can be made to meet at any of our offices in Birmingham, London and Manchester
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through either of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi