What is a Fiancé/Fiancée Visa?
Such a Visa enables a person who has ‘settled status’ in the UK to bring his or her fiancé/fiancée to join them in the UK.
Often referred to as the ‘prospective marriage visa’, it differs from other partner visa categories as there is there is no requirement for there to have been co-habitation prior to an application for such a visa being made.
Entry into the UK is allowed for a period of six months, during which time the applicant is required to marry and, once married, a spouse visa can be sought from within the UK.
If the marriage fails to take place within the period, the applicant must leave the UK.
Fiancé/Fiancée Visa Requirements
For an application to be successful, a number of requirements have to be met including:
- both parties must be above eighteen years of age.
- they must have the intention to permanently live together after marriage.
- all previous relationships/marriages must have legally ended before the time of application.
- there must be proof that appropriate accommodation is available.
- they must have sufficient funds to support themselves.
How Can We Help?
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi