What is a Spouse Visa?
Under the Immigration Rules, a person seeking entry clearance as a spouse must satisfy the requirements of Section EC-P of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
A spouse visa allows a married partner of a UK citizen to join their spouse who is ‘settled in the UK’.
What are the Requirements?
In order to qualify, the mandatory requirements are:
- both parties must be at least eighteen years old
- the parties must have met and be legally married
- the relationship must be ‘genuine and subsisting’ and there must be intent to live permanently in the UK
- there must be proof of sufficient funds available to support the couple and any dependants, without the need to claim public funds
- the sponsoring partner must earn at least £18,600 per year or have appropriate savings. The financial requirement is higher if there are dependant children. There are some exemptions from the income and savings rules.
- suitable accommodation must be available.
- English language requirements must be satisfied.
- a valid TB test Certificate must be available
How Can We Help You?
Given the requirements of the strict Immigration Rules and the costly application fees payable, it is essential that a correctly completed application is lodged together with the required evidence in support.
At Kangs Solicitors we have a specialist Immigration Team experienced in Spouse Visa applications and who will be happy to assist with any application.
How Can I Contact You?
Our immigration team can be contacted through either of:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi