What is a Student Visitor Visa?
As is to be expected, the UK offers the best choice of English language courses in the world with the result that qualifications gained in the UK are highly recognised and desirable.
Any adult wishing to undertake a short course of study of up to six months may apply for a visa as a temporary student.
The Student visitor visa is available for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and Switzerland and any such person wishing to visit the UK as short term student will need to obtain a Standard Visitor visa for Study purposes and to enter as a ‘Student visitor’.
Basic Student Visitor Visa Requirements
To qualify a Student visitor must demonstrate that:
- the minimum age requirement of eighteen years is met.
- it is only intended to visit the UK to undertake a period of study not exceeding six months.
- the visit is for a genuine short course of study demonstrated by, for example, enrolment or acceptance on a course of study which is provided by an organisation that is included on the register of Education and Training Providers.
- d. it is intended to leave the UK at the end of the visit and that the costs of the onward journey are covered.
- there are sufficient funds available to cover maintenance and accommodation expenses without the need to work in the UK, without recourse to UK public funds or that there is adequate third party support available for the duration of the stay.
Student Visitor Visa Document requirements
To be successful, the applicant must show appropriate documentary evidence, such as:
Confirmation and details of the particular course of study to be undertaken
- A letter from the licensed or accredited institution which shows unconditional acceptance or enrolment on a course of study
- Evidence of ties to home country – such as family, economic, land ties
- Evidence of travel plans – ticket bookings, hotel, accommodation, itinerary
- Bank statements for last 3/6 months
- Evidence of additional savings
- If parents are sponsoring then their financial information should be submitted with the application together with proof of relationship
To be entitled to a Student Visitor visa an applicant must:
- not intend to work in the UK
- not engage in business, produce goods or provide services including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public in the UK
- not study in a government funded school
- not intend to extend their stay in the United Kingdom
Grant of Student Visitor Visa
A Student visitor visa entitles the holder to visit the UK for a maximum period of six months for the purpose declared.
If the permitted period is exceeded, the visitor will become an ‘overstayer’, which status will adversely impact upon any future immigration applications to the UK.
Refusal of Application
An applicant who is refused a Student Visitor Visa will receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for the refusal and a fresh application will need to be submitted, if the visa is still required.
How Can We Help?
We have a proven track record of successfully advising and guiding clients through the immigration application and appeals process.
Who Can I Contact For Help?
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi