Sharan Rupra, Immigration Law specialist at Kangs Solicitors, comments upon the immediate position following BREXIT on 31st January 2020.
- The terms of the future relationship between the UK and EU following the transition period which is scheduled to end on 31st December 2020.
- During this eleven month period, the UK will continue to follow all of the EU’s rules and its trading relationship will remain the same as will the rights of both UK and EU citizens.
- The UK has freedom to develop new trade agreements with other countries around the world.
- All travel arrangements until December 31st 2020 will be unaffected.
- British Citizens will not need a visa to travel to EU countries until 2021.
- Passports of British travellers visiting the EU after 31st January 2020 must have at least six months validity.
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) currently remain valid.
- In some countries, an International Driving Permit (IDP) will be required.
- A ‘Green Card’ will be required in order to continue validity of UK insurance cover.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
If you are concerned about your immigration status we are able to advise and assist you in seeking satisfactory immigration status in the UK.
Our Immigration Team is also regularly instructed to appeal cases at all levels.
If you find yourself in a position whereby you require immigration advice on any matter then please do not hesitate to contact our team.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration Team through: