Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended a client who had been accused of professional misconduct by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (‘the CIMA’), the professional body which regulates management accountants in England and Wales.
Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors explains how the successful outcome for our client was achieved.
Irrespective of the consequences arising from any form of professional disciplinary investigation, the mere hint of any such activity can result in anxiety and stress for the accused person, family and employees and may have a devastating effect on the business involved.
The team at Kangs Solicitors has vast experience and is highly regarded nationwide for assisting clients, including members of the various professions, facing allegations of wrongdoing of every nature.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is one of only two solicitors nationally to be ranked as a ‘star individual’ for six consecutive years in the legal directory Chambers & Partners.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and also ranked in Chambers & Partners.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please call our Team at any of our offices detailed below:
The Circumstances | Kangs Fraud Offences Defence Solicitors
Our client had been advised by the CIMA that it had received a complaint alleging her involvement in the following criminal conduct:
- Fraud by Misrepresentation, contrary to ss1-2 of the Fraud Act 2006;
- Making or supplying articles for use in frauds, contrary to s7 of the Fraud Act 2006
- Blackmail, contrary to common law and s21 of the Theft Act 1968;
- Money Laundering, contrary to ss327-329 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002; and
- Unlawful use of personal data, contrary to s170 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Disciplinary Tribunals Solicitors
Our client vehemently denied any unlawful activity and by way of preparation of her defence, the team at Kangs Solicitors, inter alia:
- attended our client taking detailed instructions upon the nature of the allegations, the source of such serious accusations and the potential reasons for them having been levelled at our client,
- examined scrupulously all of the relevant material alleged to support the accusations.
- considered all the relevant law and regulations including the CIMA bye-laws,
- advised our client upon her position and the manner in which to proceed in order to defeat the allegations,
- prepared detailed Representations for presentation to the CIMA setting out the true position in opposition to the allegations.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Solicitors
Having considered the Representations meticulously prepared by the Team at Kangs Solicitors, the CIMA notified our client that, having thoroughly reviewed all the evidence, it was no longer proceeding with its investigation, which was now closed.
Needless to say, our client was overjoyed with the result commenting:
‘honestly I am speechless… The relief I feel is just unbelievable.’
Who to Contact | Kangs Professional Discipline Defence Solicitors
Investigations conducted by any professional disciplinary body, even when proven to be ill founded, create immediate stress and worry for all concerned.
Whether or not there exists the slightest hint of impropriety, upon becoming aware of the possibility of such proceedings being commenced, it is essential that expert advice and representation is immediately sought.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
For initial enquires please contact our team through any of the following: