Kangs Solicitors has successfully recovered on behalf of a client a considerable amount of cash which was seized from him at Dover Eastern Docks.
Timothy Thompson of Kangs Solicitors explains the circumstances.
Kangs Solicitors is nationally recognised for its work in Cash Forfeiture and POCA proceedings and the legal directory Chambers & Partners (2021 edition) has recently released its ranking for next year in which the firm has again been recognised as one of the leading POCA & Asset Forfeiture law firms in the country.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please call our Team at any of our offices detailed below:
The Circumstances | Kangs Cash Seizure Solicitors
- On 15 December 2019 at 0515hrs, the Border Force seized an amount of cash, namely, £57,000, which was in the possession of our client.
- The seizure took place at Dover Eastern Docks and the cash was detained for an initial six months period, which was subsequently extended to twelve months.
- The Border Force handed the matter over to the National Crime Agency who wrote to our client confirming their intention to apply for forfeiture of the funds.
- The general premise of the application was contested and it was agreed that written representations could be advanced prior to the hearing in order for our client to try and prove the legitimate provenance and intended use of the monies.
- The team at Kangs Solicitors obtained detailed instructions from our client which lead to the requirement to obtain documentary evidence from abroad.
- Having considered all of the collated material, we advised our client upon the appropriate course to adopt and detailed written arguments were submitted to the Crown with the intent of persuading the Prosecution to withdraw the Application.
- Following consideration of the arguments presented by the Kangs team, the Crown withdrew the Application for forfeiture and returned the funds to our client who, needless to say, was extremely grateful for the detailed successful work conducted on his behalf.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Proceeds of Crime Act Solicitors
If you find yourself faced with cash seizure/detention proceedings or financial restraint proceedings of any nature, it is essential that you have the support and guidance of experienced solicitors from the outset.
At Kangs Solicitors we have an experienced team defending clients in all aspects of the criminal and civil law on a daily basis and which is very well versed in POCA, cash seizures and all manner of restraint procedures.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field by both legal directories Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and also ranked in Chambers & Partners.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the following who will be happy to discuss your problem with you: