Kangs Solicitors were instructed by our client, DP, to defend a Prosecution brought against him by Blackpool Borough Council for alleged illegal street trading.
The Allegations | Kangs Criminal Defence Team
It was alleged that our client, a self-employed mobile ice-cream stall trader, had failed to comply with the terms of his Pedlar’s Licence by failing to keep moving.
Case Conduct | Kangs Proactive Defence Solicitors
Having taken detailed instructions from our client and discussed the matter at length with him it became clear that:
- any conviction would have a devastating effect upon him and his impeccable character
- any conviction would have meant that it was highly unlikely that his Pedlar’s Certificate would have been renewed leading to the loss of his employment.
- he was of an age where finding any other employment was highly unlikely and
- there was also the risk that he may lose his home.
- he was not keen for the matter to proceed to trial as he was of a very nervous disposition, anxious and apprehensive.
Having meticulously considered all of the evidence, Kangs Solicitors were proactive in making it absolutely clear to the Council that a number of their witness statements would be inadmissible in Court and that a full review of their case was essential.
Shortly prior to the trial date the Council confirmed that they would withdraw proceedings against our client on the basis that he was happy to be cautioned by the Council in relation to this non recordable offence.
Our client was ecstatic with the result obtained for him, given the very serious consequences which he faced had his licence not been preserved, as outlined above.
Who Can I Contact for Help? | Kangs Defence Team
Please feel free to contact our criminal team through any of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you.