Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully assisted a client faced with an application made by the Police for forfeiture of a substantial amount of funds which he held in three bank accounts.
Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors briefly discusses this successful outcome.
Kangs Solicitors is nationally recognised for its work on behalf of clients defending Account Freezing Orders and Asset Forfeiture Orders.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field by both legal directories Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and also ranked in Chambers & Partners.
For an initial no obligation discussion, please call our Team at any of our offices detailed below:
The Background | Kangs Account Freezing Order Solicitors
- Following investigation into the derivation of funds contained within three bank accounts belonging to our client the Police obtained an Account Freezing Order against those accounts.
- It was alleged that our client was involved in running unlicensed lotteries and that the funds in the bank accounts represented the proceed of crime.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Cash Forfeiture Solicitors
Upon being instructed, the team at Kangs Solicitors immediately:
- attended our client and obtained detailed instructions including the manner in which the funds had been received,
- examined all available material and conducted an extensive forensic examination of the numerous banking transactions,
- advised our client upon his position and upon the most suitable manner in which to proceed as well as advice regarding potential exposure to civil and criminal liability
- obtained appropriate Witness Statements carefully selected from a list of over one hundred potential witnesses.
- with a view to avoiding substantial Trial costs, we undertook detailed negotiations with the Police.
Comprehensive Representations were prepared and submitted to the Police by the Team at Kangs Solicitors which resulted in a satisfactory settlement being reached on behalf of our client.
Needless to say, our client was delighted with the result achieved.
How Can We Help You? | Kangs Proceeds of Crime Act Solicitors
If you find yourself faced with cash seizure/detention proceedings or financial restraint proceedings of any nature, it is essential that you have the support and guidance of experienced solicitors from the outset.
At Kangs Solicitors our team defends clients in all aspects of the criminal and civil law on a daily basis including POCA proceedings, cash and asset seizures and restraint procedures of every description.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the following who will be happy to discuss your problem with you: