Kangs Solicitors has successfully represented a client who had received notification from the Economic Crime Unit that it was conducting an investigation into an allegation of Money Laundering which had been made against him.
Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors explains the steps taken to achieve this successful result.
Kangs Solicitors fields an expert team of lawyers who work on behalf of clients on a national basis in the defence of Business and Financial Crime Investigations and Proceedings.
Our team can be contacted for confidential and discrete advice at any of our offices:
The Allegation | Kangs Business Crime Solicitors
The allegation of Money Laundering against our client was that several hundred thousand pounds had been deposited over a twelve months period into several bank accounts and that activity within one of the accounts indicated that high value items had been acquired.
As the result of such allegations:
- our client’s bank accounts were frozen,
- the circumstances were reported to the National Crime Agency (‘NCA’),
- the NCA requested the Economic Crime Unit to investigate further.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Money Laundering Offences Solicitors
By way of assistance to our client, the team at Kangs Solicitors:
- attended our client obtaining detailed instructions upon the circumstances leading to the allegations and advised him upon his position and the appropriate course to adopt in order to present his defence,
- formulated a strategic plan of action,
- approached the Economic Crime Unit Team seeking further disclosure of evidence upon which it relied,
- attended with our client during interview,
- prepared and submitted detailed and compelling Representations setting our clients position in support of his denial of the allegations.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Company Offences Defence Solicitors
- Having considered the detailed Representations submitted by the team at Kangs Solicitors and the approach adopted during interview, the Economic Crime Unit accepted our client’s explanation about the financial activity surrounding his bank accounts.
- Accordingly, the bank accounts were unfrozen and the money laundering allegations were not to be pursued any further.
Naturally, our client was delighted with the outcome achieved on his behalf saying:
‘Thank you for all of your professional help, which achieved this unbelievable result for me’.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
Hamraj Kang leads the award-winning team of lawyers nationally recognised for its excellence and expertise in the area of criminal defence work.
We welcome enquiries by telephone or email.
We provide an initial no obligation consultation from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Alternatively, we provide initial consultations by telephone or video conferencing.