Frances is a qualified Solicitor and she joined Kangs Solicitors in 2008.
She is the Head of our London Office and she practices predominantly in the areas of financial crime and serious crime.
What the Legal Directories say
Legal 500 | 2019 Edition
- Frances Murray is known for her ‘ability to manage document heavy cases’, ‘diligence in pursuing lines of enquiry’ and ‘client care’.
- Frances Murray, who is ‘a hard-working and solid lawyer’ who ‘stays calm no matter what the pressure is in a case’.
- Frances Murray is ‘tenacious in her quest to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients and commands the respect of clients and opponents alike’.
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- Frances Murray is recognised for her valuable experience in fraud cases. Sources observe that she is a “very talented” practitioner with “an incredible work ethic.”
- “She is a no-nonsense lawyer who is thorough, experienced, and dedicated to getting results for the clients.”
Chambers & Partners | 2018 Edition
- “Frances Murray continues to win plaudits for wide-ranging work assisting on fraud cases. Commentators note that she produces written work of a very high calibre.”
- “Frances Murray advises on POCA proceedings arising from fraud and drug supply cases. Sources describe her as very detailed, methodical and client-friendly.”
Legal 500 | 2017 Edition
- “Frances Murray is an exceptional lawyer in every way. A superb lawyer”
Chambers & Partners | 2017 Edition
- “Frances Murray is praised as ‘very industrious and very bright.’ Key mandates include her role advising a public servant on a charge of conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office, arising from HMRC’s ‘Operation Spallation’ investigation.”
- “Sources agree that associate Frances Murray ‘has a great tenacity and ability to fight for her clients.’ She frequently acts on asset recovery and confiscation matters.”
Chambers & Partners | 2016 Edition
- “Frances Murray is capable of acting in a variety of cash seizure and confiscation matters. Impressed sources report: She really did a phenomenal job – we were able to settle the confiscation proceedings very well”
Financial Crime Cases
- Operation Dover: Inner London Crown Court, acquittal following Prosecution for high value credit card fraud
- International Private Prosecution: Southwark Crown Court, complex trade marks and fraud case
- Operation Foremark: Million pound insurance and mortgage fraud representing an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Operation Wintergreen: Southwark Crown Court, multi-million pound carbon credit fraud
- Operation Tidworth: Southwark Crown Court, multi-million pound international boiler room fraud prosecuted by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Operation Greenking: £44m payroll service fraud prosecuted by HM Revenue and customs together with Essex and Kent Police at Wood Green Crown Court
- Cash seizure proceedings: secured the release of over £220,000 from the Serious Organised Crime Command of the Met Police following a detailed application and forensic analysis of company accounts
- Operation Spinnaker: Multi million pound publishing fraud prosecuted by Trading Standards at Nottingham Crown Court
- Operation Spallation: A multi handed HM Revenue & Customs corruption case prosecuted at the Central Criminal Court
- Operation Savate: Multi million pound VAT fraud involving an abuse of the Construction Industry Scheme
- Represented the former owner of London Welsh Rugby Club in relation to allegations of fraud
- Complex advance fee fraud involving the sale of oil stocks / jet fuel in Saudi Arabia
- Successfully achieved the release of a substantial amount of cash seized by the authorities at a UK port
- Operation Tulipbox: £38m Carbon Credit MTIC Fraud
- Operation Vex: £85m Mobile phone MTIC fraud
- Operation Blackout: International importation of counterfeit goods
- Operation Ghast: £21m Mobile phone MTIC fraud
- Operation Russo: Large value mortgage fraud
- Operation Thebe: International importation of adulterants (Benzocaine)
- Operation Hayrick: Multi Million pound Confiscation Proceedings
Sexual Offences Cases
- R v S – Rape prosecuted at Wood Green Crown Court allegations made against a reputable pharmacist (acquitted)
- R v KW – Rape prosecuted at Snaresbrook Crown Court, allegations made against a relative of an International Diplomat (acquitted)
- R v MBK – Historic Rape allegations prosecuted at Snaresbrook Crown Court, allegations made against a relative of a high ranking government Member in European Parliament (acquitted)
- R v AH – Rape prosecuted at Birmingham Crown Court (Prosecution offered no evidence at half time following successful submissions of no case to answer)
- R v SW – Rape prosecuted at Birmingham Crown Court (Prosecution discontinued part way through the trial)
Proceeds of Crime | Confiscation Cases and Cash Seizure & Forfeiture
- Frances undertakes work on Proceeds of Crime / Confiscation cases, Restraint Orders, Civil Asset Recovery and Cash Seizure
- Proceedings due to her knowledge and experience of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Frances is instructed in relation to cash seizure and cash forfeiture cases. She services the firm’s national client base in relation to such cases. She is regularly instructed to formulate and present applications under sections 297 and 301 of POCA 2002 and she has experience of conducting numerous such cases at Courts all over England & Wales.
Frances is happy to meet with clients at any of the offices of Kangs in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
The Environment Agency and HMRC has identified twenty-seven waste sites potentially operating illegally in the UK following visits to many sites in Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Leicestershire. Fergus Harrington of Kangs Solicitors comments upon...
Kangs Solicitors has enabled a client charged with robbery and possession of an offensive weapon to retain his liberty. Nazaqat Maqsoom of Kangs Solicitors reports upon the circumstances. The Circumstances | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors Our client was one...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully protected the liberty of a client who was facing imprisonment arising from serious breaches of the Food Safety and Hygiene Regulations. Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors reports upon the circumstances. The Circumstances | Kangs...
Kangs Solicitors, in association with Intelligence Forums, are proud to present a talk at our London offices this evening featuring three distinguished speakers: The Right Honourable Lord Teverson is a Liberal Democrat politician, and his main focus in the Chamber is...
‘White Collar’ crime is a generic term used to describe crime which: generally, is not associated with physical violencederives from historical assumption that clerical and administrative workers and business executives wear white collared shirts involves financial...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
Pall Mall Court 61-67 King Street
Manchester, M2 4PD