Panay graduated from the University of Exeter and qualified as a solicitor in 2002.
He has over twenty years’ experience conducting complex family law cases with a particular expertise and passion for dealing with high value cross-jurisdictional financial settlement cases in divorce proceedings.
Panay is based in our Mayfair office in London but is available to meet with clients in our Birmingham and Manchester offices and regularly travels between our offices to advise clients.
As a result of being primarily based in Central London, Panay provides services for an extremely diverse and international client base.
Panay’s experience includes:
- Acting for high net worth clients in financial settlements
- Advising clients in complex financial matters involving substantial property portfolios, trusts, high value pensions, significant overseas assets including business assets
- Representing clients with considerable international links and assets in divorce proceedings including advising on forum for divorce proceedings
- Conducting high value multi million pounds financial settlements as part of contested and uncontested divorce proceedings
- Advising in relation to and obtaining emergency financial freezing orders where dissipation of assets is a real concern
- Advising in relation to high value TOLATA claims for unmarried couples
- Advising in relation to divorce proceedings, civil partnership dissolutions and cohabitee separations
- Advising in proceedings which involve a significant international dimension
Children Law Matters
- Particular expertise in International Child Abduction and Hague Convention Proceedings
- Advising on domestic and international child relocation cases
- Considerable expertise in children arrangements and child maintenance issues.
- Advising on preparing and enforcing Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Preparing and advising on Separation Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements
LGBT Family Law
- Representing clients in Same Sex Divorces
- Complex and high value financial settlements involving complex pension calculations and overseas assets
- Advising Unmarried Same Sex Couples on separation
- Advising in relation to Civil Partnerships and dissolution
- Children issues arising from LGBT relationships
Panay is passionate about his work and is an excellent communicator. He is renowned for being a good listener and fighting the corner of his clients with vigour. Clients value his calm reassuring presence and value his honest and forthright advice.
Panay works with some of the finest family law barristers in the country and has significant experience in selecting the best suited counsel for a particular case.
Kangs Solicitors enjoys a significant national and international client base ranging from sports and media personalities to successful entrepreneurs and Panay is a key part of the Kangs team which provides invaluable family law services to safeguard and protect our clients’ interests.
When considering the division of assets between separating couples, the court has to consider a wide range of factors one of which being the contribution that each party has made to the welfare of the family. Panay Vassiliou of Kangs Solicitors now considers the...
It is often the case that the parties to a marriage or civil partnership are unable to agree financial settlement terms upon the dissolution of their relationship. In these circumstances, it will be necessary to issue court proceedings in order to seek a resolution to...
Kangs Solicitors has been instructed to defend a client charged with Conspiracy to Convey Prohibited Articles (A & B) into one of Her Majesty’s Prisons. Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors outlines the relevant law. The team at Kangs Solicitors is highly...
It regularly occurs that grandparents feel that access to a grandchild(ren) is being unfairly denied, whatever the cause may be. The Family Law team at Kangs Solicitors is experienced in advising grandparents in disputes regarding residence and contact concerning a...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended at Stoke Crown Court a husband and wife charged with offences relating to the production of cannabis. Sukhdip Randhawa of Kangs Solicitors outlines the successful result which has been achieved. Kangs Solicitors has been...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH