Kangs Solicitors represent a client who is facing deportation from the UK following conviction for a criminal offence at Isleworth Crown Court.
The Challenge | Kangs Solicitors Immigration Advisors
As the result of receiving a custodial sentence in excess of twelve months our client faces automatic deportation from the UK.
Contrary to popular belief, such automatic deportation can be contested.
How We Are Assisting | Kangs Immigration Team
- Detailed instructions have been taken from our client and we have advised him upon an available platform upon which to mount a meaningful challenge.
- Representations have been prepared and submitted to the Home Office relying heavily on Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (‘Article 8’).
How Does Article 8 Assist ? | Kangs Immigration Advisory Solicitors
By virtue of Article 8, every individual enjoys the ‘Right to respect for private and family life’ as follows:
- Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.
- There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
The Basis of Challenge | Kangs Criminal Solicitors
The Secretary of State is attempting to deport our client from the UK maintaining the stance that it is ‘conducive to the public good’ that he be so removed.
However, our client:
- has been residing in the UK for approximately seventeen years,
- has immediate family members who are settled in the UK as British Citizens
- is the father of a British child.
It is now for the Secretary of State to consider these facts carefully before deciding whether or not it is still considered appropriate to deport our client.
Further information on deportation can be found on below:
How Can We Help? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Please feel free to contact our Immigration team for advice through either of the following:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi