Serious Fraud, VAT &
A proven track record of successfully defending white collar crime investigations and prosecutions by the major prosecuting authorities including:
- HMRC | SFO | FCA | BEIS
- Trading Standards | CPS | Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA)
- National Crime Agency (NCA) | UK Border Agency | Insolvency Service
- Competition & Markets Authority | Local Authorities
- National Investigation Service (NATIS)
Our experience includes:
- SFO investigations – advising witnesses in relation to Section 2 Notices served on corporate bodies and individuals and representing suspects in relation to financial crime allegations
- Attending Dawn Raids and providing clients with advice and assistance at their business premises while a search is conducted by investigating officers
- Our 24/7 Rapid Response Team representing individuals in interviews under caution either following an arrest or by voluntary attendance
- Acting in numerous multi-million pounds fraud investigations often with a significant international dimension
- Working in foreign jurisdictions and engaging local professional advisers including lawyers, accountants and private investigators
- Representing clients throughout the country in a wide range of fraud investigations from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester
- Representation in court proceedings in conjunction with our long-established working relationships with the leading barristers and King's Counsels (KCs) in the country
- Advising on issues of business continuity and reputational damage
- Negotiating settlements with prosecuting authorities and advising on Deferred Prosecution Agreements (DPA)
Dawn Raids are an increasing feature of corporate life and are most commonly conducted by investigating authorities such as HM Revenue & Customs, the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition & Markets Authority and the National Crime Agency.
Kangs 24-hour Rapid Response Team consists of ten highly trained and experienced solicitors with a proven track record of advising corporate and individual clients in relation to all aspects of Dawn Raids.
We have particular experience in conducting complex and often high-value cases involving the following areas:
- Money Laundering, Tax Evasion, Bribery & Corruption, Mortgage Fraud
- Conspiracy to Defraud, Duty Evasion & Diversion, Banking Fraud
- Insurance Fraud, Boiler Room, Ponzi and Pyramid Fraud
- Fraud on Major Commercial & Public Bodies, e.g. NHS
- Internet Fraud, Land Banking, Advance Fee, Pensions
- Illegal Money Lending, Immigration Fraud & False Accounting
- Fraudulent Trading, Carbon Credit Fraud
We have significant experience in acting for witnesses and suspects in relation to investigations by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO). Our experience extends to representing multi-national corporations and individual company officers and executives.
We have considerable expertise in advising clients in relation to Notices served pursuant to Section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act 1987 (‘Section 2 Interview Notices’) and advising in relation to Section 2(3) Notices requiring the production of material to the SFO.