We regularly represent clients in courts throughout England and Wales.
Our team has built a national reputation for representing clients in serious driving offences such as death by dangerous driving and death by careless driving. We work closely with the leading barristers and King's Counsels (KCs) in the country to defend such cases.
As a top ranked criminal law firm, we are experienced in instructing appropriate experts in complex cases including accident reconstruction experts and vehicle examination experts.
Our expertise extends to defending a wide range of driving offences, including:
- Drink Driving
- No Insurance / MOT
- Failure to Provide a Specimen
- Special Reasons Arguments
- Exceptional Hardship Cases
- Careless Driving
- Dangerous Driving
- Death by Careless or Dangerous Driving
- Causing Serious Injury by Careless or Inconsiderate Driving
- Drug Driving
- Removal of a Driving Disqualification
- Driving whilst Disqualified
- Totting Up
- Use of Mobile Phone
Got a question?
Our team of specialist solicitors provide the following services:
- An initial no obligation consultation to assess the merits of your case
- Preparation of written submissions to the court where appropriate
- Advice and representation in an interview under caution
- Representation in the Magistrates’ Court for all driving offences
- Representation in the Crown Court for serious driving offences
- Preparation of and representation at appeal hearings
In most cases we are able to offer our clients a fixed fee service which provides a degree of certainty and avoids the prospect of costs spiralling out of control.
Our clients include a wide variety of individuals ranging from public figures, politicians, media and sports personalities to professionally qualified individuals and those dependent on a driving licence for their livelihood.
We strive to protect:
- Our client’s driving licence
- High-profile clients from the media glare, adverse publicity and reputational damage often associated with court appearances
Recent clients include:
- Medical, legal and financial professionals
- Company directors
- Senior personnel from Premier League Football Clubs
- Professional football players
- International cricket players
- HGV licence holders
- Company executives reliant on the ability to drive for their continued employment
Our Motoring Department provides an efficient professional service which recognises the sensitivity of each client’s particular circumstances. Our team contains solicitors offering different specialisms and qualifications advising on all aspects of motoring offences to ensure that each client’s requirements can be met.
Each defence is capable of producing its own complexities making it difficult to assess the potential charges with which a client may be faced for receiving legal assistance.
In order to overcome this obstacle and to assist potential clients decide whether or not they are able to afford the legal assistance which is required, we provide a ‘fixed fee’ service which will be explained at the outset, during our initial consultation, and before any work is undertaken. This ‘fixed fee’ will only change if there are substantial changes in the nature of information originally provided, the variation of your instructions or your case unexpectedly proves to be particularly complex thereby entailing significant extra work to that reasonably anticipated at the time of acceptance of instructions.
Examples of the incurrence of additional cost would be the service by the Prosecution of unanticipated substantial further evidence or the need to instruct expert witnesses or Counsel. Clients will always be informed of any potential extra charges before they are incurred.
All of these issues would be discussed during a one hour initial consultation for a fixed fee of £300.00 + VAT which we offer.
Following this initial consultation, we will provide you with a Fixed Fee Arrangement of our costs and timescale to carry out the work on your behalf.
Please find below Kangs Solicitors Fixed Fee Scale.
|£300 + VAT
|First appearance at Magistrates’ Court
|£1,000 – £2,500 + VAT
|Sentencing Hearing at Magistrates’ Court
|£1,000 – £2,500 + VAT
|Trial at Magistrates’ Court
|£1,500 – £5,000 + VAT
|Special Reasons / Exceptional Hardship Hearings
|£1,750 – £5,000 + VAT
The fixed fee will vary depending on the volume of material to be considered, location of the court and the proximity of the hearing date.