Kangs Solicitors have successfully defended a client charged with two allegations of rape and two counts of assault by penetration.
Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors, who had control of the defence preparation, reports upon the successful conclusion at Stoke Crown Court.
The Trial Process | Kangs Criminal Trial Preparation Team
- Our client was originally before the court for trial in January 2018 but following the evidence of the complainant it became necessary for the jury to be discharged and a new trial was ordered to take place.
- The re-trial was listed to take place on the 24th July 2018.
- Between January and July 2018 we repeatedly requested further information from the Crown Prosecution Service, a transcript was obtained of the complainant’s evidence enabling our client’s defence to be fully prepared in readiness for the re-trial.
- On the appointed day of trial, the Prosecution conceded that there was no realistic prospect of a conviction being obtained before a jury and offered no evidence in support of the allegations made.
- In these circumstances, the Judge formally recorded verdicts of ‘not guilty’ to all four charges.
- It was then necessary for the Judge to sentence our client in respect of the outstanding charge to which he had pleaded guilty in the Magistrates’ Court , namely one in relation to an incident of ‘revenge porn‘. Following the presentation of mitigation to the court on our client’s behalf, the Judge imposed a twelve month conditional discharge.
What Did Our Client Say? | Kangs Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
Our client was ecstatic with the result and commented:
“The representation I received exceeded my expectations. I was overjoyed with the result and I would recommend Kangs Solicitors to anyone.”
How Can We Help? | Kangs Serious Crime Defence Solicitors
See the links below to other success stories:
- Client Acquitted | Alleged Sexual Offences | Southwark Crown Court | Kangs Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
- Client Retains Freedom | Indecent Images | Kangs Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
- Client Cleared Of Rape At Wood Green Crown Court | Kangs Serious Crime Solicitors
- ‘Not Guilty’ Verdicts in Sex Offences Case | Kangs Solicitors
Who Can I Contact For Advice & Help? | Kangs Serious Crime Defence Team
It is imperative that you instruct an experienced solicitor as soon as you are made aware of an allegation being made. Crucially, it is always important to have a solicitor present in interview at the police station whether it is an interview by appointment or under arrest.
To discuss an allegation of a sexual offence in further detail, please contact: