Dean Phillips of Kangs Solicitors has successfully advised and represented a client subjected to a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Investigation with the result that both his and the reputation of his business have been protected.
The FCA alleged that the client and his company had engaged in a regulatory activity whilst being unauthorised to do so.
The Potential Consequences | Kangs FCA Solicitors
Had a successful outcome not been achieved, our client could have faced the following consequences:
- a lengthy disruption to his business
- the risk of public warnings
- the potential imposition of a substantial financial penalty
- under s.23 of FSMA 2000 such conduct could result in the FCA launching criminal proceedings and
- if found guilty of such an offence he could have faced additional fines or up to a 2-year prison sentence.
How We Helped | Defending FCA Investigation
In order to assist our client Kangs Solicitors:
- Immediately obtained from the FCA additional time to respond, thereby allowing sufficient time for full information to be obtained
- Provided prompt and detailed initial representations to the FCA
- Guided and advised our client on how to respond to FCA requests for further information
- Continued a constructive dialogue with the FCA in order to progress the matter.
The Result | Kangs Financial Defence Team
After considering the representations provided (both written and oral) the FCA confirmed that no further action would be taken against our client or his company.
Whilst the FCA asserted that a breach had in fact taken place (as the client had been initially advised by Kangs Solicitors), the evidence put forward in the representations, and the prompt and proactive disclosure, reassured the FCA sufficiently for them to agree that it was not in the public interest to proceed.
The client was thankful that, as the result of the support and guidance provided by Dean Phillips of Kangs Solicitors, the FCA inquiry was brought to a swift and successful conclusion.
How Can We Help? | Kangs Regulatory Defence Solicitors
Dean Phillips is a Senior Solicitor at Kangs Solicitors and is regularly instructed to advise on a wide range of regulatory matters relating to:
- Health & Safety
- Trading Standards investigations
- Director Disqualification
- Professional Misconduct matters
At Kangs Solicitors we are able to offer a wealth of experience in defending these regulatory offences and more.
We have a successful specialist regulatory department with a team of solicitors dedicated to defending allegations of this nature.
Who Can I Contact For Help? | Kangs Solicitors
Should you require any guidance and advice then please do not hesitate to contact our team through any of our below mentioned solicitors who will be pleased to meet you for an initial free consultation.