The Respondent pleaded guilty to committing criminal offences against a fellow pupil at a boarding school when they were both children in the 1970s. The allegations were almost 34 years old and the respondent was of previous good character. The Complainant commenced a civil claim against the respondent for the alleged physical and mental injury he had suffered. We conducted a without prejudice meeting with the claimant’s legal team where negotiations ensued. The Claimant eventually accepted a nominal out of court settlement following negotiations and it was pointed out that his claim could potentially fail given certain facts of the case. The successful negotiations saved a fully litigated civil claim reaching the court and resulted in our client achieving a very favourable financial settlement. The case was conducted by Frances Murray of Kangs Solicitors.
- Rape & Sexual Assault Allegations | Kangs Serious Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
- New Motoring Offences | Kangs Motoring Law Solicitors
- Bounce Back Loan Fraud | Insolvency Service Successful Prosecution | Kangs Fraud Offences Defence Solicitors
- Successful Outcome | Fine Limited | Kangs Food Safety Solicitors
- Cryptocurrency As Property | Kangs Cryptocurrency Recovery Solicitors
- Delighted Client | Environment Agency Prosecution | Kangs Environment Law Solicitors
- Delighted Client | Cannabis Possession | Kangs Drugs Offences Defence Solicitors