Kangs Serious Sexual Offences Team has successfully defended a client who has recently been tried at Southwark Crown Court in respect of a number of very serious sexual offences allegations.
The Situation | Kangs Serious Sexual Offences Defence Solicitors
- The allegations were of an historic nature, alleged to have been committed when our client was a teenager .
- Our client strenuously denied all allegations against him.
- Our client had been on bail since 2015 and the pressure upon him and his family was immense.
- Our client’s Trial was initially fixed to commence on January 18th However, following the recent collapse of a number of similar trials as the result of the failure by the Prosecution to disclose important evidence, the Prosecution obtained an adjournment to enable them to review the evidence in our client’s case.
Defence Preparation | Kangs Sexual Assault Trial Solicitors
By way of preparing our client for trial, the case preparation involved:
- attending our client and discussing in detail the allegations which related to a period several years ago
- examining in detail the Prosecution allegations and the material produced which they stated supported the accusations
- raising numerous requests for the disclosure of material believed to be available but which had not been produced
- in depth analysis of interview videos held by the police
- the selection and instruction of experienced counsel for the Trial
Unanimous Acquittal | Kangs Rape Trial Solicitors
Following a fully contested trial, involving very careful examination of our client and all witnesses, the jury unanimously acquitted our client after less than one hour of deliberation.
Naturally, after the years of stress arising from being on bail facing such allegations, our client was overjoyed with the result of the trial.
How Can We Assist? | Kangs Historical Sexual Abuse Defence Solicitors
Kangs Solicitors team of Specialist Solicitors has a wealth of experience in representing clients who face extremely serious offences of a sexual nature and who are able to advise and all stages of any prosecution.
Who Can I Contact? | Kangs Criminal Defence Team
Arrangements can be made to meet at any of our offices in Birmingham, London and Manchester.
Please feel free to contact our team through any of the following who will be happy to speak to you and guide you: