Kangs Solicitors has successfully assisted a client, who was a serving prisoner, achieve his desired deportation under the Early Removal Scheme (‘ERS’) back to his home country, being France, despite initial difficulties encountered with the Home Office.
Cagin Husnu of Kangs Solicitors outlines the circumstances.
ERS | The Procedure | Kangs Immigration Law Advisory Team
- Non-British citizens convicted in the UK Courts who receive a term of imprisonment for a single charge of more than twelve months become subject to automatic deportation.
- In certain circumstances the ERS may be operated enabling deportation up to two hundred and seventy days prior to the prison release date in the UK.
- Regardless of the length of prison sentence, an individual must serve at least twenty five per cent of the sentence in a UK prison before ERS can be activated.
- As the result of ERS, many foreign nationals serve less time detained in a UK prison before being returned to their own country.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Deportation Advice Solicitors
- Our client had agreed to be deported to France under ERS.
- The Home Office wished to deport him at an earlier date thereby transferring him directly to a French Prison leaving him subject to the French authorities which may have resulted in a lengthier period in custody.
- The Kangs team prepared and submitted detailed representations to the Home Office emphasising the details of the ERS agreed to when our client consented to deportation.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Immigration Experts
- The UK Authorities delayed our client’s deportation until his ERS date resulting in him being deported prior to his normal licence period in the UK but securing his immediate release when he returned to France.
Our client commented:
“I can happily confirm that [our client] is with his family again. Thank you for all your help and support in the last couple of months.”
How Can We Assist? | Kangs Immigration Solicitors
Should you or someone you know require advice from us in respect of any immigration issues please do not hesitate to contact our team through either of the following:
Languages spoken: English, Turkish, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi