Ranked by Chambers UK as one of the leading solicitors in the country for his work in financial crime and complex fraud, John Veale is a Partner and the Head of the Regulatory Team at Kangs Solicitors.
A vastly experienced litigation solicitor, John joined the firm in 2001 and has led the Regulatory Team since 2017.
John Veale is renowned for his meticulous preparation of cases. He deals with cases of significant complexity and magnitude with ease.THE LEGAL 500
John specialises in a range of investigation and litigation work including:
- Investigations and prosecutions brought by Government Regulators involving:
- Health & Safety
- Fire Safety
- the Environment Agency
- Trading Standards
- the ICO
- the FCA
- the Insolvency Service.
- Professional Discipline investigations and proceedings to include professions such as medical, legal, accountancy and sports to name a few.
- Civil Tax Investigations and HMRC Enquiries including COP8, COP9 and Tax Tribunal litigation.
- White-Collar Fraud, Money Laundering and VAT investigations involving cross border issues.
- Private Prosecution work.
- POCA, Restraint and Freezing Orders including Property & Account Freezing Orders.
- Asset Recovery and Civil & Criminal Restraint Proceedings.
- Cryptocurrency Disputes & associated Asset Recovery Proceedings.
John is ranked amongst the top twenty-five solicitors in the country for his work in the areas of financial crime and complex fraud by the leading law directory, Chambers UK.He is also recommended in the Legal 500 for his work in ‘high value and complex white collar crime investigations’.
I found John to be absolutely outstanding with the way he dealt with my case. He was very professional with all the details and going through the information. But he also added a personal touch that gave me a calming effect in the caseMR NB - CLIENT
John’s work encompasses considerable cross-over between regulatory, tax, criminal, civil and asset forfeiture legislation.
As such he is ideally placed to provide individual and corporate clients with a ‘fully rounded’ legal view considering both civil and criminal liability issues when dispensing advice.