Neil Heaney is a consultant with Kangs Solicitors specialising in international legal disputes and sports law.
A former professional football player, Neil had a career spanning over a decade with English Premier League clubs including Arsenal, Manchester City and Southampton.
He is the founder of Judicare, a law firm acting exclusively in international property-based matters. This includes international conveyancing, probate and inheritance work and litigation disputes. Judicare is presently handling cases for clients in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Neil acts as a consultant with Kangs Solicitors in relation to UK-based litigation and disputes on behalf of a wide range of international clients. Since 2009 Neil has forged strong and trusted working relationships with law firms in multiple jurisdictions.
Through the extensive team and resources at Kangs Solicitors, Neil is able to provide litigation support and representation to both international law firms and international clients in relation to disputes governed by the laws of England & Wales including:
- Insolvency Litigation
- Intellectual Property (contentious and non-contentious)
- Contractual Disputes
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- Sports Law (contentious and non-contentious)
- Civil & Criminal Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Cryptocurrency Disputes
- Technology and Construction Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- HMRC Tax Disputes & Investigations
- Director Disqualification matters
- Injunctions & Freezing Orders
- Professional Negligence
- Banking and Financial Services Litigation
- Defamation, Libel & Slander
- Criminal & Regulatory Defence
Resulting from his former career as a professional football player, Neil has developed an extensive client base in the sports sector including current and former elite athletes, sports agencies, professional sports clubs and associations.
Advice and representation are provided through Kangs Solicitors in relation to the following areas:
- Criminal Law (from minor driving offences to serious criminal and fraud matters)
- Advice and Representation in Disciplinary Proceedings
- Contract Negotiations, Image Rights and Sponsorship
- Civil Disputes including Professional Negligence and Contract Disputes
- HMRC Tax Disputes and Investigations
Comment from Neil
"I have been working in the legal sector since I founded Judicare in 2009. I have known the Senior Partner at Kangs Solicitors, Hamraj Kang, for a number of years and have worked informally with the team at Kangs Solicitors for quite some time. When looking to join a law firm to handle UK based litigation work on behalf of my international clients, my previous dealings with Kangs Solicitors made it the natural choice.
I required a law firm that provides the same exacting standards as myself, as well as one which is able to handle high value international work. The value of my current caseload at Judicare, dealing exclusively with non-UK based litigation in overseas matters, is in excess of £100 million. It is essential, therefore, to work with a law firm in the UK of significant stature and which offers a broad scope of specialisms to handle top end commercial litigation work."