Stuart is currently acting in the following matters:
- Formal Opposition Proceedings before the UKIPO on behalf of a well-known electric vehicle manufacturer in respect of bad faith and Section 5 Trade Mark Act proceedings.
- Formal Opposition proceedings before the UKIPO on behalf of a long-established Czech Republic Company in respect of bad faith proceedings, and Section 5 Trade Mark Act proceedings in conjunction with European Attorneys pursuing matters through the EUIPO.
- Representing a well-known British craft beer company in respect of opposition and registration proceedings in conjunction with US Attorneys.
High Court of Justice
- Claim of misfeasance/breach of duty owed by a former client against a former Solicitor.
- Claim for misfeasance/diversion of funds against a former and shadow member of an LLP (acting on behalf of the Liquidators of the LLP).
- Acting for a Petitioning Creditor in respect of a Winding Up Petition against a Debtor Company.
- On behalf of a Contractor in respect of unpaid invoices against a former client (Technology & Construction Court).
- Acting for a Defendant/Part 20 Claimant in respect of a multi-million pounds breach of contract with allegations of Intellectual Property infringement.
- On behalf of a claimant seeking the recovery of £125,000.00 as misappropriated by his former son-in-law.
- Protection from Harassment action between neighbours.
- Breach of contract matters relating to environmental issues (waste) and breach of contract.
- Quistclose Trust matters relating to the failed acquisition of shares in a company
- Advising a start-up company in respect of Shareholder Agreements (and obligations) and Franchise Agreements.
- Advising employees in respect of a Management Buy Out.
- Trade Mark registrations and exploitation of Intellectual Property Rights.
- A matter in the High Court of Justice before Mr Justice Marcus Smith on a very complex multiple trust, multiple jurisdiction & multiple party litigation. A link to the Judgment in that case is here: https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2021/2581.html
- Surer v Driver ( EWHC 3595 (TCC)) – https://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWHC/TCC/2021/3595.html&query=(surer)+AND+(v)+AND+(driver)
Stuart has considerable experience litigating matters in the County Court, the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
As a qualified Mediator, he fully understands the value of resolution on a practical and commercial basis.
Stuart takes great pride in providing clients with commercially viable solutions to the issues and disputes that invariably arise in the modern commercial world.