Kangs Solicitors has successfully defended a client, at Inner London Crown Court, who was charged with sending an electronic communication with intent to cause distress or anxiety, contrary to section 1(1)(a) of the Malicious Communications Act 1988.
Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors has been defending clients facing criminal charges of every nature for well over twenty years.
Kangs Solicitors is rated as one of the best criminal law firms in the country being ranked in both the leading legal directories, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Our team is led by Hamraj Kang who is recognised as a leading expert in the field of criminal law. He is ranked in the top tier by both the leading directories, the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Other members of the team are ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Should you require any initial advice our team can be contacted as follows:
The Allegation | Kangs Malicious Communications Defence Solicitors
The Prosecution alleged that, during the peak of the Covid 19 pandemic, our client:
- sent a communication to his partner at that time
- which was malicious in nature and
- had been sent with intent to cause distress or anxiety.
How We Assisted Our Client | Kangs Criminal Defence Solicitors
Our client, denied that the communication was sent with any intent to cause fear and anxiety and by way of preparing his defence for Trial, the Team at Kangs Solicitors, inter alia:
- thoroughly examined all the material served by the Prosecution,
- obtained disclosure of further evidence and material which would assist our client,
- attended our client and, whilst obtaining his instructions in detail, advised him upon his position and the appropriate course to adopt,
- obtained Character Witness Statements which supported our client,
- identified and instructed experienced counsel appropriate to present our client’s defence at court,
- formulated a defence strategy in conferences with counsel and our client.
The Successful Outcome | Kangs Crown Court Trial Solicitors
Following detailed discussions with the Prosecution on the morning of Trial, it was agreed by the Prosecution that it would offer no evidence to the Court, thereby avoiding the need for a Trial.
The matter was resolved in the following manner:
- a ‘Not Guilty’ verdict was formally announced by the Court,
- our client was bound over to ‘Keep the Peace’ for twelve months,
- it was agreed that our client would make no future contact with the former partner.
Our client was, of course, extremely delighted with the result.
How to Contact Us | Kangs National Criminal Defence Solicitors
At Kangs Solicitors we understand the pressures faced by clients when faced with any allegation of criminal conduct and the attention to detail and commitment required to the preparation of a client’s defence when seeking the most successful result available.
We welcome new enquiries by telephone or email.
Our team of lawyers is available to meet at our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester or, alternatively, we are happy to arrange an initial no obligation meeting via telephone or video conferencing.
If you require any advice or assistance in relation to any allegations of criminal activity, please feel free to contact our team through any of the following: