John Veale, joined Kangs Solicitors in 2001,completing his training contract and qualifying as a solicitor in 2003.
John is Head of the firm’s Regulatory & Compliance Department and is recommended in the leading directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, for his work in the areas of complex fraud, financial crime, POCA and serious crime.
What the Legal Directories say
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- ‘John Veale is recognised for his skill in fraud and money laundering cases. Sources state that “he is an extremely experienced lawyer,” adding that “he has superb client skills combined with impeccable technical knowledge.”’
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- Sources describe John Veale as “incredibly hard-working and wholly committed to the interests of his clients,” and also add: “He has an amazing ability to empathise and is a great technical lawyer.” He has considerable experience handling restraint and confiscation proceedings brought under POCA.
Legal 500 | 2019 Edition
- Senior solicitor John Veale who has strong expertise in fraud cases and drugs conspiracies.
- John Veale is ‘a very methodical and hard-working individual’ who ‘always ensures his focus is on the best outcome for the client’.
- John Veale is ‘a calm, reassuring and clever lawyer’.
A Sample of Recent Work
- Complex Regulatory Cases – Trading Standards, Health & Safety, Environment Agency, Fire Safety & FCA Investigations
- Numerous multi-million pound VAT frauds (R v C: £182m, Operation Duma £50m, (Operation Abundant- Case stayed for abuse of process)
- Drugs conspiracies involving hundreds of kilograms of class ‘A’ drugs
- Large scale multi-million pound mortgage fraud cases
- Corruption cases
- Multi-million pound Proceeds of Crime / Confiscation Cases
- Firearms cases
- Benefit fraud ranging from over-claims to the much publicised motor mobility fraud
- Serious criminal matters
- Gross negligence manslaughter
- Attempted importation of IED
- Rape and coercive control
- Insolvency Service | Company Investigations
John is very experienced in dealing with Restraint and complex Confiscation Proceedings brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and regularly advises clients from the outset and throughout the duration of the proceedings.
John has an excellent track record of achieving acquittals for his clients, always provides the best possible service for his clients and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the preparation and presentation of each client’s defence.
John is accustomed to travelling to police stations and courts throughout the country and makes every effort to be available for his clients at all times.
Restaurant Owner and Manager Prosecuted | Health & Food Hygiene | Kangs National Regulatory Solicitors
The owner and manager of a Hampshire based restaurant were recently fined at Winchester Magistrates’ Court for a number of food hygiene breaches. Amandeep Murria of Kangs Solicitors comments. The Circumstances | Kangs Food Hygiene Offences Defence Solicitors Food...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully represented a client who, after a long battle against various alleged immigration offences and allegations of fraud, was advised by the Prosecution on the morning of Trial at Manchester Crown Court that no evidence would be offered...
It has been reported in the press that the Police have arrested nineteen people allegedly involved in what is purported to be the UK’s ‘biggest drugs conspiracy’. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors comments upon the press reports. The Press Reports | Kangs Drugs...
On the 12th April 2019, the offence commonly known as ‘Upskirting’ became a criminal offence by virtue of the Voyeurism Act 2019 (‘the Act’). Helen Holder of Kangs Solicitors comments generally. The Law | Kangs Solicitors Sexual Offences Advisory Team The Act...
Kangs Solicitors has recently succeeded in assisting a client, who is a female Pakistani national and who had suffered domestic abuse, obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Sharan Rupra of Kangs Solicitors explains the circumstances. The Circumstances | Kangs...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH