John Veale, joined Kangs Solicitors in 2001,completing his training contract and qualifying as a solicitor in 2003.
John is Head of the firm’s Regulatory & Compliance Department and is recommended in the leading directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, for his work in the areas of complex fraud, financial crime, POCA and serious crime.
What the Legal Directories say
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- ‘John Veale is recognised for his skill in fraud and money laundering cases. Sources state that “he is an extremely experienced lawyer,” adding that “he has superb client skills combined with impeccable technical knowledge.”’
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- Sources describe John Veale as “incredibly hard-working and wholly committed to the interests of his clients,” and also add: “He has an amazing ability to empathise and is a great technical lawyer.” He has considerable experience handling restraint and confiscation proceedings brought under POCA.
Legal 500 | 2019 Edition
- Senior solicitor John Veale who has strong expertise in fraud cases and drugs conspiracies.
- John Veale is ‘a very methodical and hard-working individual’ who ‘always ensures his focus is on the best outcome for the client’.
- John Veale is ‘a calm, reassuring and clever lawyer’.
A Sample of Recent Work
- Complex Regulatory Cases – Trading Standards, Health & Safety, Environment Agency, Fire Safety & FCA Investigations
- Numerous multi-million pound VAT frauds (R v C: £182m, Operation Duma £50m, (Operation Abundant- Case stayed for abuse of process)
- Drugs conspiracies involving hundreds of kilograms of class ‘A’ drugs
- Large scale multi-million pound mortgage fraud cases
- Corruption cases
- Multi-million pound Proceeds of Crime / Confiscation Cases
- Firearms cases
- Benefit fraud ranging from over-claims to the much publicised motor mobility fraud
- Serious criminal matters
- Gross negligence manslaughter
- Attempted importation of IED
- Rape and coercive control
- Insolvency Service | Company Investigations
John is very experienced in dealing with Restraint and complex Confiscation Proceedings brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and regularly advises clients from the outset and throughout the duration of the proceedings.
John has an excellent track record of achieving acquittals for his clients, always provides the best possible service for his clients and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the preparation and presentation of each client’s defence.
John is accustomed to travelling to police stations and courts throughout the country and makes every effort to be available for his clients at all times.
The operation of the police bail system was significantly changed in 2017 with the consequence that the number of suspects who are released under investigation (‘RUI’) by the police has risen significantly. A recent briefing published by the Law Society shows that...
Intense international action has been focused by enforcement agencies against suspects believed to be selling the Imminent Monitor Remote Access Trojan (‘IM RAT’). Twenty one search warrants have been executed across the UK with another eighty five having been...
Financial Services within the UK are regulated by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 with the Financial Conduct Agency (‘FCA’) being responsible for consumer protection, preserving integrity and creating healthy competition within the Financial Services...
National Crime Agency Arrests | International Money Laundering Operation | Kangs Money Laundering Offences Defence Solicitors
The National Crime Agency (‘NCA’) has arrested twenty four suspects following an investigation in to an international money laundering operation. Over £2.3 million pounds has been seized in cash leaving UK airports bound for Dubai. The suspects have been...
Following conviction, a defendant may well face confiscation proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (‘POCA’). The defendant will be required to repay such sum as is determined by the Crown Court and ordered to be paid by a Confiscation Order. Strict time...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH