John Veale, joined Kangs Solicitors in 2001,completing his training contract and qualifying as a solicitor in 2003.
John is Head of the firm’s Regulatory & Compliance Department and is recommended in the leading directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, for his work in the areas of complex fraud, financial crime, POCA and serious crime.
What the Legal Directories say
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- ‘John Veale is recognised for his skill in fraud and money laundering cases. Sources state that “he is an extremely experienced lawyer,” adding that “he has superb client skills combined with impeccable technical knowledge.”’
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- Sources describe John Veale as “incredibly hard-working and wholly committed to the interests of his clients,” and also add: “He has an amazing ability to empathise and is a great technical lawyer.” He has considerable experience handling restraint and confiscation proceedings brought under POCA.
Legal 500 | 2019 Edition
- Senior solicitor John Veale who has strong expertise in fraud cases and drugs conspiracies.
- John Veale is ‘a very methodical and hard-working individual’ who ‘always ensures his focus is on the best outcome for the client’.
- John Veale is ‘a calm, reassuring and clever lawyer’.
A Sample of Recent Work
- Complex Regulatory Cases – Trading Standards, Health & Safety, Environment Agency, Fire Safety & FCA Investigations
- Numerous multi-million pound VAT frauds (R v C: £182m, Operation Duma £50m, (Operation Abundant- Case stayed for abuse of process)
- Drugs conspiracies involving hundreds of kilograms of class ‘A’ drugs
- Large scale multi-million pound mortgage fraud cases
- Corruption cases
- Multi-million pound Proceeds of Crime / Confiscation Cases
- Firearms cases
- Benefit fraud ranging from over-claims to the much publicised motor mobility fraud
- Serious criminal matters
- Gross negligence manslaughter
- Attempted importation of IED
- Rape and coercive control
- Insolvency Service | Company Investigations
John is very experienced in dealing with Restraint and complex Confiscation Proceedings brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and regularly advises clients from the outset and throughout the duration of the proceedings.
John has an excellent track record of achieving acquittals for his clients, always provides the best possible service for his clients and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the preparation and presentation of each client’s defence.
John is accustomed to travelling to police stations and courts throughout the country and makes every effort to be available for his clients at all times.
EU Citizens who plan to live, work, or study in the UK are able to apply under the EEA Regulations 2016 or the EU Settlement Scheme in order to protect their rights throughout the transition period until 30th June 2021. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the...
The Private Prosecutors’ Association has recently published a code for Private Prosecutors ‘to provide a benchmark in the conduct of private prosecutions.’ Kangs Solicitors has previously commented upon the emergence of private prosecutions and for further...
In his recent article, posted to this site on 1st August 2019 we commented on the criticism that HMRC had received arising from the low level of criminal prosecutions that had been pursued. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors now comments upon press reports that four...
Further to his article which appeared on this website on July 30th 2019 Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors reports upon a further Unexplained Wealth Order(‘UWO’) obtained by the National Crime Agency (‘NCA’). The Background | Kangs NCA Defence Solicitors The NCA...
Following the submission of detailed representations to West Midlands Police, they have decided not to disclose information on our client’s Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (‘DBS’) Certificate. Background | Kangs Solicitors | Challenging DBS Certificates Kangs...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
Pall Mall Court 61-67 King Street
Manchester, M2 4PD