John Veale has been with Kangs Solicitors since 2001.
He completed his training contract with the firm and qualified as a solicitor in 2003.
John is Head of the firm’s Regulatory & Compliance Department and is recommended in the Leading Directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, for his work in the areas of complex fraud, financial crime, POCA and serious crime.
What the Legal Directories say
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- ‘John Veale is recognised for his skill in fraud and money laundering cases. Sources state that “he is an extremely experienced lawyer,” adding that “he has superb client skills combined with impeccable technical knowledge.”’
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- Sources describe John Veale as “incredibly hard-working and wholly committed to the interests of his clients,” and also add: “He has an amazing ability to empathise and is a great technical lawyer.” He has considerable experience handling restraint and confiscation proceedings brought under POCA.
Legal 500 | 2019 Edition
- Senior solicitor John Veale who has strong expertise in fraud cases and drugs conspiracies.
- John Veale is ‘a very methodical and hard-working individual’ who ‘always ensures his focus is on the best outcome for the client’.
- John Veale is ‘a calm, reassuring and clever lawyer’.
A Sample of Recent Work
- Complex Regulatory Cases – Trading Standards, Health & Safety, Environment Agency, Fire Safety & FCA Investigations
- Numerous multi-million pound VAT frauds (R v C: £182m, Operation Duma £50m)
- Drugs conspiracies involving hundreds of kilograms of class ‘A’ drugs
- Large scale multi-million pound mortgage fraud cases
- Corruption cases
- Multi-million pound Proceeds of Crime / Confiscation Cases
- Firearms cases
- Benefit fraud ranging from over-claims to the much publicised motor mobility fraud
- Serious criminal matters
- Gross negligence manslaughter
- Attempted importation of IED
- Rape and coercive control
John is very experienced in dealing with Restraint and complex Confiscation Proceedings brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and regularly advises clients from the outset and throughout the duration of the proceedings.
John has an excellent track record of achieving acquittals for his clients, always provides the best possible service for his clients and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the preparation and presentation of each client’s defence.
John is accustomed to travelling to police stations and courts throughout the country and makes every effort to be available for his clients at all times.
In his recent article ‘Dealing With Mental Health Disorders’ posted to this site on 14th May 2019 Nazaqat Maqsoom of Kangs Solicitors commented on various matters concerning such cases. He now outlines the Orders available to the courts under The Mental Health Act...
Kangs Solicitors has been instructed to represent a Company Director in the defence of proceedings at Reading Crown Court pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA). The Circumstances | Kangs POCA Defence Team Confiscation proceedings under POCA are being...
Tax Fraud and Money Laundering Trial Commences | Nottingham Crown Court | Kangs Financial Crime Defence Team
As previously reported in an article posted to this website Kangs Solicitors is defending a client charged with conspiracy to commit Tax Fraud and Money Laundering. The trial has now commenced at Nottingham Crown Court. The prosecution is being conducted by the...
On 12th April 2019, The Counter-Terrorism and Border Security Act (‘the Act’) came into force in the wake of ongoing national security concerns. John Veale of Kangs Solicitors outlines some of this new legislation. The Act | Kangs Solicitors Serious Crime Legislation...
Clients suffering from any one or more of a variety of mental health disorders require specialised attention. Nazaqat Maqsoom of Kangs Solicitors briefly outlines the nature of some mental disorders and the manner in which Courts deal with those accused of any crime...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
Pall Mall Court 61-67 King Street
Manchester, M2 4PD