John Veale, joined Kangs Solicitors in 2001,completing his training contract and qualifying as a solicitor in 2003.
John is Head of the firm’s Regulatory & Compliance Department and is recommended in the leading directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, for his work in the areas of complex fraud, financial crime, POCA and serious crime.
What the Legal Directories say
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- ‘John Veale is recognised for his skill in fraud and money laundering cases. Sources state that “he is an extremely experienced lawyer,” adding that “he has superb client skills combined with impeccable technical knowledge.”’
Chambers & Partners | 2019 Edition
- Sources describe John Veale as “incredibly hard-working and wholly committed to the interests of his clients,” and also add: “He has an amazing ability to empathise and is a great technical lawyer.” He has considerable experience handling restraint and confiscation proceedings brought under POCA.
Legal 500 | 2019 Edition
- Senior solicitor John Veale who has strong expertise in fraud cases and drugs conspiracies.
- John Veale is ‘a very methodical and hard-working individual’ who ‘always ensures his focus is on the best outcome for the client’.
- John Veale is ‘a calm, reassuring and clever lawyer’.
A Sample of Recent Work
- Complex Regulatory Cases – Trading Standards, Health & Safety, Environment Agency, Fire Safety & FCA Investigations
- Numerous multi-million pound VAT frauds (R v C: £182m, Operation Duma £50m, (Operation Abundant- Case stayed for abuse of process)
- Drugs conspiracies involving hundreds of kilograms of class ‘A’ drugs
- Large scale multi-million pound mortgage fraud cases
- Corruption cases
- Multi-million pound Proceeds of Crime / Confiscation Cases
- Firearms cases
- Benefit fraud ranging from over-claims to the much publicised motor mobility fraud
- Serious criminal matters
- Gross negligence manslaughter
- Attempted importation of IED
- Rape and coercive control
- Insolvency Service | Company Investigations
John is very experienced in dealing with Restraint and complex Confiscation Proceedings brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and regularly advises clients from the outset and throughout the duration of the proceedings.
John has an excellent track record of achieving acquittals for his clients, always provides the best possible service for his clients and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the preparation and presentation of each client’s defence.
John is accustomed to travelling to police stations and courts throughout the country and makes every effort to be available for his clients at all times.
A company (‘the company’) has recently successfully appealed to the First Tier Tax Tribunal against an HMRC VAT Assessment where the issue centred around whether or not the company was entitled to deduct input VAT in relation to services provided by its tax advisers....
Kangs Solicitors is pleased to announce that its Senior Partner, Hamraj Kang, has been shortlisted by the Legal 500 for an individual award namely ‘Crime, Fraud & Licensing Solicitor of the Year 2020.’ The Legal 500 award is judged on a national basis and Hamraj...
Kangs Solicitors has once again been shortlisted for the prestigious Legal 500 award of ‘Crime, Fraud and Licensing Law Firm of the Year 2020.’ This is a tremendous achievement for the firm to be nominated for this national award again. Kangs Solicitors won the same...
Kangs Solicitors has successfully represented a client facing allegations of contraventions of Section 33 Environment Protection Act 1990 and Regulation 38(1) Environmental Permitting Act (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 arising from an investigation conducted by...
It is frequently the case that the Motoring Offences Team at Kangs Solicitors encounters clients who have either forgotten or have never appreciated some basic driving requirements throughout those months when driving is frequently conducted in dark, misty, frosty,...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street, City of London
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH