Stuart is the Head of Dispute Resolution at Kangs Solicitors and has over 15 years’ experience in dealing with a wide range of civil disputes.
He is an accomplished Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings as well as being a fully qualified Mediator.
In addition, Stuart holds an LLM in Intellectual Property Law and is an Allied Member of the Chartered Institute for Trademark Attorneys.
Following graduation from University, Stuart has practised in Commercial & Chancery Litigation in England and Wales since 2006.
His previous experience includes working for a number of years in law firms in Washington DC and New York.
Stuart has particular expertise and knowledge in relation to insolvency and intellectual property matters.
Stuart has many years’ experience acting for individuals, companies and Insolvency Practitioners in relation to the full array of insolvency matters.
He is regularly instructed in relation to matters such as:
- Presenting and defending Statutory Demands
- Presenting and defending Winding Up Petitions
- Presenting and defending Bankruptcy Petitions
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Director Disqualification Proceedings
- Defending Misfeasance Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Public Examinations – section 235 and 236 Insolvency Act Interviews
- Section 216 Insolvency Act Applications
- Defending Claims for Wrongful and Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration Cases
He is regularly retained by Insolvency Practitioners to act on their behalf concerning:
- Recovery of monies owed to debtors and former directors
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading matters
- Transactions at undervalue / preferences
- Breach of directors’ fiduciary duties
Intellectual Property Work
Stuart has a particular interest in Intellectual Property work having completed a Masters Degree in Intellectual Property Law.
Stuart has represented several tech start-ups, inventors, entrepreneurs and established companies concentrating on matters such as:
- Trademark disputes
- Copyright & Patent disputes
- Breach of Confidence and Trust
- Database Rights
- Registered Designs
Commercial & Chancery Work
Stuart has considerable experience in a broad range of Commercial and Chancery matters including:
- Construction Disputes & Adjudications
- Shareholder and Boardroom disputes
- Unfair Prejudice claims
- Partnership Disputes
- Breach of Contract claims
- Norwich Pharmacal applications
- Professional Negligence
- Banking and Financial Services Litigation
- Defamation, Libel & Slander
- Class Actions | Group Litigation Orders
Stuart has considerable experience litigating matters in the County Court, the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
As a qualified Mediator, he fully understands the value of resolution on a practical and commercial basis.
His client base is diverse ranging from individuals to large multi-national companies. He takes great pride in providing his clients with commercially viable solutions to the issues and disputes that invariably arise in the modern commercial world.
Stuart joined Kangs Solicitors in 2020 as Head of Dispute Resolution, having previously run his own firm.
- Chartered Legal Executive, admitted in 2009.
- Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings.
- Allied Member of the Chartered Institute for Trade Mark Attorneys.
- Qualified Mediator.
- LLM Intellectual Property Law.
Stuart welcomes enquires by telephone or email.
He is available to meet with clients at any of our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester.
He is also available to conduct meetings via skype and video conferencing.
Please feel free to get in touch through the following:
Tel: 0121 449 9888 : Birmingham Office
020 7936 6396 : London Office
0161 817 5020 : Manchester Office
More often than not, the superior financial resources of a proposed opponent deters many aggrieved prospective Claimants from pursuing their rights through the civil courts. Stuart Southall of Kangs Solicitors considers the case of Bentley 1962 Limited & Another v...
The Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 introduced Sexual Risk Orders (‘an Order’) which are controversial to the extent that an Application for an Order can be made even if the subject of the Application has not been convicted or cautioned for a sexual...
The Scrap Metal Dealer Act 2013 (‘the Act’) was enacted to regulate the industry and it creates criminal offences for those individuals and companies failing to comply. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors outlines some of the provisions. The Law | Kangs Scrap Metals...
The law makes provision for anyone subject to a Director Disqualification Order by virtue of a Disqualification Undertaking to apply to the court for its variation or even provide for it to cease to be in force. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors briefly discusses...
Kangs Solicitors has recently successfully acted for a client seeking the release of funds, which had been made the subject of an Account Freezing Order (‘AFO’), and which the Crown was seeking to forfeit. Tim Thompson of Kangs Solicitors explains the circumstances....
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
9 Carmelite Street,
London, EC4Y 0DR
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH