Stuart is the Head of Dispute Resolution at Kangs Solicitors and has over 15 years’ experience in dealing with a wide range of civil disputes.
He is an accomplished Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings as well as being a fully qualified Mediator.
In addition, Stuart holds an LLM in Intellectual Property Law and is an Allied Member of the Chartered Institute for Trademark Attorneys.
Following graduation from University, Stuart has practised in Commercial & Chancery Litigation in England and Wales since 2006.
His previous experience includes working for a number of years in law firms in Washington DC and New York.
Stuart has particular expertise and knowledge in relation to insolvency and intellectual property matters.
Stuart has many years’ experience acting for individuals, companies and Insolvency Practitioners in relation to the full array of insolvency matters.
He is regularly instructed in relation to matters such as:
- Presenting and defending Statutory Demands
- Presenting and defending Winding Up Petitions
- Presenting and defending Bankruptcy Petitions
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations
- Compulsory Liquidation
- Director Disqualification Proceedings
- Defending Misfeasance Claims against Company Directors
- Representation at Public Examinations – section 235 and 236 Insolvency Act Interviews
- Section 216 Insolvency Act Applications
- Defending Claims for Wrongful and Fraudulent Trading
- Company Restoration Cases
He is regularly retained by Insolvency Practitioners to act on their behalf concerning:
- Recovery of monies owed to debtors and former directors
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading matters
- Transactions at undervalue / preferences
- Breach of directors’ fiduciary duties
Intellectual Property Work
Stuart has a particular interest in Intellectual Property work having completed a Masters Degree in Intellectual Property Law.
Stuart has represented several tech start-ups, inventors, entrepreneurs and established companies concentrating on matters such as:
- Trademark disputes
- Copyright & Patent disputes
- Breach of Confidence and Trust
- Database Rights
- Registered Designs
Commercial & Chancery Work
Stuart has considerable experience in a broad range of Commercial and Chancery matters including:
- Construction Disputes & Adjudications
- Shareholder and Boardroom disputes
- Unfair Prejudice claims
- Partnership Disputes
- Breach of Contract claims
- Norwich Pharmacal applications
- Professional Negligence
- Banking and Financial Services Litigation
- Defamation, Libel & Slander
- Class Actions | Group Litigation Orders
Stuart has considerable experience litigating matters in the County Court, the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
As a qualified Mediator, he fully understands the value of resolution on a practical and commercial basis.
His client base is diverse ranging from individuals to large multi-national companies. He takes great pride in providing his clients with commercially viable solutions to the issues and disputes that invariably arise in the modern commercial world.
Stuart joined Kangs Solicitors in 2020 as Head of Dispute Resolution, having previously run his own firm.
- Chartered Legal Executive, admitted in 2009.
- Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings.
- Allied Member of the Chartered Institute for Trade Mark Attorneys.
- Qualified Mediator.
- LLM Intellectual Property Law.
Stuart welcomes enquires by telephone or email.
He is available to meet with clients at any of our offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester.
He is also available to conduct meetings via skype and video conferencing.
Please feel free to get in touch through the following:
Tel: 0121 449 9888 : Birmingham Office
020 7936 6396 : London Office
0161 817 5020 : Manchester Office
The offence of controlling and coercive behaviour has returned to the public spotlight as the result of former footballer and current manager of the Wales National Football Team, Ryan Giggs, facing allegations of assault upon his ex-partner and, possibly, another...
The Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (‘AWRS’), which came into force from 1 April 2017, was introduced by HMRC to combat tax fraud in the alcohol supply industry which amounts to more than a billion pounds each year. John Veale of Kangs...
Reports of cryptocurrency fraud are now becoming increasingly common and we have noticed a considerable shift in clients who wish to pursue civil law remedies in an effort to swiftly recover their funds rather than relying on the law enforcement authorities (Police,...
Following the spate of heavily reported arrests and prosecutions involving celebrities charged with alleged historical sexual offences, a considerable period of time has lapsed without noticeable further activity, suggesting that the police are no longer seeking...
Directors of a company have an absolute obligation to look after the interests of the creditors of that company. The directors of a company which had been trading since 1995 but fell into insolvency in 2016 found themselves the subject of Director...
2 Wake Green Road, Moseley
Birmingham, B13 9EZ
0121 449 9888
Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place
Mayfair, London, W1J 8AJ
020 7936 6396
76 King Street
Manchester, M2 4NH